• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pool party gone wild

While I don't know about Texas.  The police chief of Boston said their officers do not have tasers.

They don't have tasers in my town, which is also a suburb of Dallas. They have a small force though.  One week you are a police officer and the next you are a firefighter. 

Problem is if you advertise "pool party" with social media, everyone ends up showing. Someone should have been over seeing what kind of party are you planning on having and even rented the facility if needed. 

So the rumors going are too many showed up and by the ages of the kids they were loud, probably cannon balling, school just let out, etc. Someone should have been in charge of not allowing that.  I guess the fight that broke out was a woman from the neighborhood who went to the pool had some choice comments directed at a black girl there and the kid bitch slapped her. I will search for footage of that to add to officer cannon balls maneuver. 

That article starts out mentioning that "hundreds of teens" were there and then does nothing to substantiate the claim. It also repeatedly refers to how we've only seen "snippets" of what happened. A seven-minute video isn't a snippet. Finally, it admits the officer was in the wrong and then totally dismisses and justifies it.

Point is this wasn't some innocent kids being horribly treated by the police.  This was a bunch of kids who were drinking, man handling parents, engaging in public sex and overall being bullies due to their numbers.

Can we not gloss over that  because one cop thought he was starring in an episode of Hunter?

Point is this wasn't some innocent kids being horribly treated by the police.  This was a bunch of kids who were drinking, man handling parents, engaging in public sex and overall being bullies due to their numbers.

You are getting this information from where?

So... one frantic mommy's blog is what you are basing this on?

As Glen noted earlier: That article starts out mentioning that "hundreds of teens" were there and then does nothing to substantiate the claim. It also repeatedly refers to how we've only seen "snippets" of what happened. A seven-minute video isn't a snippet. Finally, it admits the officer was in the wrong and then totally dismisses and justifies it.

In addition, I don't get something.  The cops apparently were called to break up the pool party.  The cops arrive, and the kids disperse (or, gasp, in the words of others, they were "running"!). 

Am I the only guy who was at a party in high school or college, and left when the cops came?  I thought that was the point of the cops coming.  To disperse the crowd.

Also in addition, one of the commenters says a lot of what I am finding here:

The reality is this: There was a disturbance at a pool. When an officer arrives, it is his job to investigate and determine who is a bystander and who is a suspect and act accordingly. The officer in question illegally arrested multiple black teens and ignored every white person. This is why he is on administrative leave (aside from pulling his gun). Other officers released these teens from handcuffs, letting teens know that they were not in fact under arrest. They knew that one of the officers was out of control. The title to this article is remarkably arrogant: “…these weren’t innocent teens.” Actually, dear writer, our system of justice DEMANDS that everybody on scene be treated as though they are innocent until investigation proves otherwise. No amount of anecdotal evidence or racist discursive strategies changes that. The reality is that if we are American patriots, we believe that our constitutional rights are for every citizen EVEN IF we think their behavior is bad. By the way, I’m talking about white people too

I don't know with cops these days, I know they are all not bad.  I mainly posted it after watching the guy trip himself up, then go wild.  If I did what he did, he would have arrested me for public intoxication. 

That's only because you like wearing handcuffs. By the way, using more as your safe word is pretty stupid.

That scene of the cop pulling his gun is INSANE.

If you look at about 3:09, when the two guys crowd him the one in the tan shorts reaches behind his left pocket and that is when the officer pulled his gun. Not sure if you can call it over reacting considering two girls had already made contact with him and the two guys come in fast and close.

Yeah, it's a cluster**** of over reaction by the police on what should have been an orderly dispersal of non residents that were not invited. But then again multiple officers were already on the scene when the video starts so there must have been something that triggered the 2 stripe commando to do his half pike with a layout while chasing rabbits.

I think YK started all this shit by dumping grass clippings in the community pool.

This is a complete non-sequitor, but its funny how the brain and memory works... I have reputation for dumping grass clippings on the asshole's lawn.

In fact, it began, because a couple flecks of grass cuttings went from under the lawn mower (I was using a bag) into dude's driveway.  And he didn't like it AFTER I had swept.

Then, I later egged his house.

But at no time did I dump any lawn clippings in his yard.

This shit with police brutality has been going on for decades.

Code of honor (laff) doesn't stop it.

Paid suspensions don't stop it.

Cell phone videos don't stop it.

Its time to use the only tactic left - time to take away their sweet, sweet pensions.

This shit with police brutality has been going on for decades.

Code of honor (laff) doesn't stop it.

Paid suspensions don't stop it.

Cell phone videos don't stop it.

Its time to use the only tactic left - time to take away their sweet, sweet pensions.

This I agree with.

If you look at about 3:09, when the two guys crowd him the one in the tan shorts reaches behind his left pocket and that is when the officer pulled his gun. Not sure if you can call it over reacting considering two girls had already made contact with him and the two guys come in fast and close.

Tons of dumpy fat old white men with hands in their pockets during the video as well.

Tons of dumpy fat old white men with hands in their pockets during the video as well.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Unless I missed it though, none of the fat white guys approached the officer in a "perceived" threatening way.

Having said that, should the officer have even pinned down the girl in the first place.....

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. Unless I missed it though, none of the fat white guys approached the officer in a "perceived" threatening way.

Having said that, should the officer have even pinned down the girl in the first place.....

Cop didn't handle situation assessment, force escalation, command presence or weapons handling well at all.

So what crime did the 14 year-old in the bikini commit, the one with the cop's knee in her back?

i have no idea what crime she committed. i do know that he asked her to sit down and she wouldn't cooperate. my impression was that this was happening as the officer was trying to get a handle on what happened and who was involved. she was one of a few that wouldn't cooperate, but something triggered his overreaction and he went too far with what he did to her. but i don't think her lack of cooperation can be totally dismissed as "innocent bystander" right at that moment, either.

again, if i'm at that place in that moment and any officer asks me to sit down or leave, i'm going to cooperate. i want to deescalate the situation for myself as quickly as possible. i don't want to give an officer any reason to handcuff me or put me in his squad car. i also don't want to give him a reason to pull his gun on me. i'm going to cooperate fully. 

What should a cop believe in a situation like this? That the group of angry people running toward him are going to shake his hand and ask him how his family is?

The problem is he shouldn't have been tackling the girl in the first place.  The girl had committed no crime, he escalated the situation.  The groups reaction was towards what they perceived as police brutality happening right before them.  The guy was running around like a mad man well before this.  Definitely not cool under pressure.  

A bunch of teens at a pool party - A POOL PARTY! - and this p*ssy feels "threatened"...  Jesus H....

Is that really what we want, folks?  Cops pulling guns on kids at a pool party?

Oh and exactly how many arrests were made at this threatening pool party, with, as MT put it, sex acts in public, underage drinking, etc.  How many arrests?

I'll tell you.  One.  For resisting arrest. 

This is insane.  People here on Angelswin defending the Reno 911 cop more than his police chief.  Because the chief threw this idiot to the curb once he saw all the mayhem he caused.