• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

How long is Shoemaker's leash?

Oz27

You obviously didn't see the games he pitched last year. He wasn't facing the opposing teams 4 or 5th starter. He was beating their Aces.

I knew he over achieved last year. But his stats last year wasn't as a back end pitcher. And he went toe to toe with the best pitchers in the AL.

Well, his season last year was awesome! But, did anyone think he would be an ACE? I see his success last year as getting confidence early on vs other teams #4 & #5 starters. He's a good guy to have and if we could score some runs for our starters that would go along way against them having to be perfect night in and night out and each pitch.

Lack of offense can doom a pitching staff.

His success last year and what he accomplished last year should allow him 15-17 starts at least. Before a change is even mentioned.

You obviously didn't see the games he pitched last year. He wasn't facing the opposing teams 4 or 5th starter. He was beating their Aces.

I knew he over achieved last year. But his stats last year wasn't as a back end pitcher. And he went toe to toe with the best pitchers in the AL.

That is why I find this so puzzling. He isn't just losing, he's getting hammered. It's as if every hitter in baseball figured him out at the same time.

My bad. I don't see the 5 run Oakland game and one game I thought he had a quality start but he but only went 5 2/3

still he isn't on Blanton level.

Oh absolutely. Shoe actually is a talented pitcher. There's just something not right with him this year. I'm fine if the Angels give him a few more starts to iron things out but honestly after that you're pushing it. 3 more starts and we're a third of the way through the season. Can't keep a guy in the rotation with a 6+ ERA for longer than that.

I think if the team waits another 10-12 days, they will have Heaney under control through 2021 instead of just 2020. So give Shoe two more starts.

If my math is right, June 2 is the first day he can come up and end the year with less than one season of service time. (His Kris Bryant date.)

If you care about Super 2 status, they'd need to push him back to around August 1 to delay his arb to 2018 instead of 2017

I agree that Shoemaker deserves some time to work things out. He is having trouble with his release point and is leaving the ball up in the zone. However, Heaney had another great start tonight in AAA (7ip, 7h, 0r, 0bb, 6k) and is knocking on the door. Heaney is quietly putting together a great year in Salt Lake.

5-0

3.02 era

50.1 ip

56 h

1 hr

12 bb

49 k

@StormMngt:

Last Season Shoemaker faced the Opponents #1 in 3 starts:

1. Darvish

2. Sale

3. Price

In the rest of his starts he faced the following:

1. B. Mauer -Mariners -Win

2. Tomilin - Indians - Win

3. Vargas - Royals -Loss

4. Oberholtz - Astros - Win

5. J. Happ - Blue Jays - Win ----Relief

6. Norris - Orioles - Loss

7. Verlander - Tigers - Win---------Tigers #2 -----Scherzer #1 Porcello had a better year could be considered their #2 prior to Price trade.

8. Hellickson - Rays - Win

9. Haren - Dodgers - Loss

10. Lewis - Rangers - Win

11. De La Rosa - Red Sox - Win

12. Eovaldi - Marlins - Win

13. Kazmir - A's - Win---------A's #3

14. Nolasco - Twins - Win

15. Tepesch - Rangers - Win

16. Iwakuma - Mariners - Win ----- M's #2

TIL that one starting pitcher faces the other starting pitcher and not the other team's lineup.

It'll be his turn this Sunday night against David Price and the Tigers as well.

If he gets rocked tonight, would you want to add extra pressure to Heaney or Trop with a national televised game against a good hitting Tigers lineup? I say give Shoe both starts this week then send him down. Unless everyone thinks Heaney or Trop is ready for the Tigers on a Sunday night

On the bright side, the Tigers currently have only 1 lefty with regular at bats in their batting order, a slap hitter in Gose.

V-Mart has struggled mightily, and is on the DL.   Avila has 60 at bats and a .200 BA/.659 OPS. 

Maybe Shoe can do well against a predominant righty lineup on Sunday evening?