• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

OMG

That was just a bizarre ending.  Surprised I can't find a video of it anywhere.  

As for Hamilton, yeah, I'd get out of dodge quick too if I were him.  But when they showed him going into the dugout, people were just sitting there wondering WTF just happened.  

Remember in 2002, when the Angels beat the Yankees in the playoffs, and they showed Torre in the dugout looking like he was stunned and WTF happened.  That's what the Angels dugout looked like.  

That was just a bizarre ending.  Surprised I can't find a video of it anywhere.  

As for Hamilton, yeah, I'd get out of dodge quick too if I were him.  But when they showed him going into the dugout, people were just sitting there wondering WTF just happened.  

Remember in 2002, when the Angels beat the Yankees in the playoffs, and they showed Torre in the dugout looking like he was stunned and WTF happened.  That's what the Angels dugout looked like.  

David Wells walking back to the dugout after being lifted and shaking his head in disbelief. Priceless. I think we scored 8 runs that inning. As I recall, there were nine singles and a home run.

Hamilton using his unique set of skills to help the rangers into he playoffs for the fourth straight year. Seriously ho, how do you have an entire team with zero focus? At least hey play decent on the road earlier even if we didn't get the results we wanted. But home cooking has not helped at all. I am beginning to think maybe mikes approach is not right for the make up of this team.

And to think this wasn't the World Series, just an April game against the Astros. Imagine the bench if Hamilton should have a brain fart in the playoffs. Oh, wait...

tumblr_mbdv3s5Mq41ruyx77o1_500.jpg

Seriously. ...right after he dropped that pop-up, Ron Washington went over to him in the dugout and chewed him out. Hamilton looked at him with a sarcastic smirk on his face and said "you gonna take me out?"

This team is in complete dis-array... I had to wonder aloud if I was watching the Major League team, or a home video of my Rec-league team.

I agree with what Harold Reynolds said about them on MLB;  they're not a TEAM.  Iannetta picks-up Pujols bobble of an easy pop-up, and barely acknowledges him on the way into the dugout... THREE infielders can't seem to catch a lob-throw from Bourjos to hold a runner to a single... and Hamilton seemed to know EXACTLY what he was doing- He took a couple of steps on the FOUL pop-up, put his head down, and DECIDED to end the game (maybe he was performing an act of mercy for us fans).

There is no leader on this team.. No one seems to be having fun..  And they look bored.  This is NOT even close to the TEAM of '02 that had fun all the time, sticking together through the tough start.  Those guys looked like they were FRIENDS!

It's time for dramatic change!  EVERYBODY go with the high-socks.. use the same bat.. shack-up like it's a road-trip while at home..  print-up undershirts for everybody to wear..  Theme-dress for road-trips..  Something/anything.

These guys loo like the "Roger Dorns" of baseball (from Major League.. where he's too-highly paid of a talent, to give a shit).  I can definitely say that I will have gone to more ST games, than regular-season this year already... In fact, I'd rather go watch our IE team play with passion.

Benching Hamilton would actually be rewarding him. Who wants to start for a team that loses to the Astros? That's banned by the Geneva conventions, or something like that.

Good point.  Using last season's 2nd half, Hamilton takes himself out of games while playing in them.  And Norris also beat Texas in the season opener - he's actually pretty good.

Maybe they have too many MERCs with the wrong mentality. Cant say guys like Pujols or Hamilton or even Wilson just "wanted" to be Angels. They took the money. So although they should be pros and bring their A game every night it could be a slight thing. Just wierd that these guys would be playing like this so early in the season. You see teams lose focus late in the summer all the time, but not 10 games into the season...

I was at the game, and I'm still pretty damn confused about what happened. Everyone was just looking at each other like..WTF just happend!?

What was priceless was how Hamilton and CJ reacted. Hamilton just walked into the dugout nonchalantly and picked up his stuff like nothing had happened while CJ face-palmed 

I am not saying Pujols didn't chase the money, although I think the long term commitment after his playing days had a big part in it as well, but I don't think the same is true about Wilson. He grew up here and was offered similar if not more money by other teams.

I am not saying Pujols didn't chase the money, although I think the long term commitment after his playing days had a big part in it as well, but I don't think the same is true about Wilson. He grew up here and was offered similar if not more money by other teams.

Keep in mind CJ was kinda in the know about the Pujols deal, so I think the idea of a championship caliber ballclub might have also persuaded him to come to the Angels.

Hamilton on the other hand looks like he flat out doesn't give a s***.

You're referring to the last 7 years of his contract right?  Zing. :)

You're referring to the last 7 years of his contract right?  Zing. :)

Pujols already said he's going to leave a lot of that money on the table if he's no longer able to perform.

Of  course Hunter once said he'd take league minimum to stay with this club. As his contract renewal got closer that gradually turned into a willingness to take a 'modest discount'. My guess is Albert's standard of what constitutes being "competitive at a major league level" will start to change as the years go on, haha.