• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scorecards & summaries

Hello AngelsWin - I hope you've all recovered from the disappointing roller coaster ride;  I thought they just might have some magic at the end ... but it was just a bit too little, a bit too late.

I created something new - really wanted to see it myself - and thought I'd put the clickable/interactive view on my site.

You can select the Player you want to view and see the play distribution - for any STL or LAA player.  When/if I have time I'll clean it up a bit but thought I'd share it in it's raw form now.

You can find it on Front-Page-Left-Sidebar.

Looks like this ...

LAA-and-STL-Play-Distribution-by-Player-

Hello Angels Win - well, I've been battling an illness the last couple weeks and fell way behind on my objective to score all playoff games. I will eventually circle back and score all the AL & NLDS games but for now I'm going to just stay current.

ALCS Game 1 - KC 5 vs TOR 0 - can be found on Front-Page-Left-Sidebar or the ALCS page

ALCS-Game1-KC-5-vs-TOR-0-10-16-2015-450-

Hey all - 3200 views and so few AW folks visit my site!  What's that all about?

Oh well, no worries - glad you visit this thread.

ALCS Game 5 is posted

I have a couple interactive views of both LC series so what the heck you might as well take a look at them, right?

If you don't want to visit my site you can straight to my profile on Tableau

When the postseason is over I'm going to do some similar views for the Angels.

Here's a pic

PlayDistrib-KC-web.png

Just finished this for Cardinals regular season - it's a distribution of 4Base-Scorecard data by Play.

There's a bit of a data cleansing effort to produce it but if I get positive responses - via PM or in this thread - that Angels fans want a LAA view I'll do it for sure.

Please take a look at the interactive view and let me know your thoughts - personally I was stunned to see the graphical view of sooo many Strikeouts.

PlayDistribution-BarChart-STL-2015RegSea

Data cleansing work complete on LAA 2015 and have produced 2 versions of Play Distribution bar chart - one version of the interactive view allows for filtering on multiple players/games, the other view is for single selection of Player/Game.  They each have their pros and cons ... I'm learning Tableau on my own and on the fly so still not as skilled as I'd like to be ... but the charts are fun.

You can launch interactive views from any of these:

LAA-main-page

4BaseScore-metrics-page

Or - go to my Tableau profile page

chart pics:

PlayDistrib-MultiFilters-LAA-2015-540-35

PlayDistrib-SingleFilters-LAA-2015-540-3

If you see any errors please let me know.

Regards,

Cycled

For anyone interested, data cleanup is finished on both prototype teams (STL & LAA) and I've added a drill through from the main chart to a detail page providing breakdown of selected Play - by Player.

STL-main-page

LAA-main-page

4BaseScore-metrics-page

Or - go to my Tableau profile page

STL chart pic:

PlayDistrib-SingleFilters-2015-RegSeason

FO-Lead-Runner is always interesting ... in the case of STL it shows a player who would've hit into a whole lot of GiDPs were it not for his speed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Game 1 - likely this kind of loss will happen to many other CHC opponents this year. 

With Cubs being the favorites as 2016 WS Champs - and with so many dynamic players - I've decided to score them this year.  Should be very interesting. 

Last night's game:

https://www.4basescore.com/?page_id=5640

CHC001-04-04-16-CHC-9-@-LAA-0.png

As always ... if anyone sees any scoring mistakes please let me know.