• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scorecards & summaries

I have to start this post with a note to anyone who has been reviewing my work: 

Last night I discovered some significant Gameday mistakes as I happened to be monitoring the Gameday live feed at the same time I was watching the Cardinals local TV broadcast.  I'm not talking minor things (which I've seen in the past) like a fly ball to CF really being to RF but significant mistakes in the Cardinals 1/2 of the 7th ... batters were off by one and at least one play - a strikeout - never occurred at all.

I mention this here because I rely heavily on the live Gameday feed for almost all the Angels games that I score so it was disconcerting to see how very wrong the live feed can be.  In defense of the Stats Stringers I will say that there are times it must be a difficult job because, as us die-hard fans know, the game can appear slow but really move quite fast at times ... so I am sympathetic. 

Regardless it now has me re-thinking my approach to Angels games that I can't watch (which is most of them).  I think for awhile I will be posting LAA game scorecards the next morning as the final play-by-play seems to be accurate - certainly by comparison to the live feed.

Thanks for reading the lengthy bit above and for visiting the 4BaseScore.com site - and now back to the good stuff ... 

Full Scorecard and summaries posted in usual places:  4BaseScore-FrontPage-LeftSidebar  or  4BaseScore-LAA-Apr2015

Here's the big W pic:

LAA-Game018-04-25-15-TEX-1-LAA-4-990-726

p.s. - I'll be posting updated summaries later tonight or tomorrow a.m. and I have a cool view of how the 2 teams I'm tracking (STL & LAA) stack up - player to player and team to team.

04/30/15 -LAA 6-5 win @ OAK. 

Since Trout's catch saved the game I guess we'll have to factor that in and call him today's star ... but offensively Calhoun did edge out Trout/Aybar for LAA Top Contributor in Win.  Also - Oakland's Canha was the game's Top Contributor.

Posted in usual places:  4BaseScore-FrontPage-LeftSidebar  or  4BaseScore-LAA-Apr2015

Big W Pic below ...

LAA-Game022-04-30-15-LAA-6-OAK-5-960-726

Full Scorecard of Game 24 and summaries posted in usual places (May page created):  4BaseScore-FrontPage-LeftSidebar  or  4BaseScore-LAA-MAY-2015

Crawford was the game's Top Contributor - Trout of course for LAA. 

LAA-Game024-05-02-15-LAA-4-SF-5-330-247.

I'll have updated summaries posted after tomorrow's game ... I'm sure not a surprise to anyone but the distance between Trout and the next highest contributor is huge.

Yep - there's a flaw in the system for sure -  me!  I only have the time and the skill set to measure one aspect of the game - offense.  Could use some help if anyone wants to volunteer.

Weaver's performance last night was even more significant in light of his struggles so far this year. 

I'm actually having a normal person's night out tonight so hopefully AngelsWin and I'll get around to scoring it tomorrow.

Have a good night all

... and I'll leave you with this pic of John Lackey being a key contributor in a Cards-Cubs game the other day ... pretty amazing.  - see STL-May-2015.

STL-Game028-page3-contrib-table-450-330.

Also - I put some autographed pics in another area of the site too - Bourjos and Grichuk signed a couple of my Scorecard sheets.

Full Scorecard of Game 32 (W) is posted in usual places:  4BaseScore-FrontPage-LeftSidebar  or  4BaseScore-LAA-MAY-2015

4BaseScorecard & LAA 4Base-Box pics below.

LAA-Game033-05-12-15-COL-2-LAA-5-450-336

LAA-Game033-05-12-15-4ScoreBox-330-152.p

p.s. - If there's anyone who could give me a brief lesson on a couple things I want to do on my site but don't know how please PM me on AngelsWin (for example turn Twitter, Facebook, etc.)

• 2 weeks later...

Yep - there's a flaw in the system for sure - me! I only have the time and the skill set to measure one aspect of the game - offense. Could use some help if anyone wants to volunteer.

Weaver's performance last night was even more significant in light of his struggles so far this year.

My mistake, I thought for some reason pitching was included in the evaluation. Just focusing on offense this year can be tedious because of inconsistencies.

Are you able to do a quarter or mid season review of where the offensive producers rank? It would be interesting to see if each half creates different linchpins or if it is really just obviously Trout and Calhoun and hope for some boom.

I've just updated the summary views and it shows what everyone really knows:  Trout is carrying the load and more importantly the dropoff to the next 2-3 contributors is just too far ... just can't win enough ballgames with 1 guy literally carrying the load. 

By contrast, the other team I'm scoring (STL) is winning based on a fairly balanced skew of contributions among the top 4-5 guys --->  Not saying that to rub it in -- it's just interesting how a balanced (or unbalanced) offense really shows in these data visualizations.

You can find these:  Front-Page-Left-Sidebar   or   4Base-Metrics-page   or  LAA-2015-Page

Summaries-05-24-15-LAA-630-365.png

Summaries-05-24-15-STL-630-369.png

I'm hoping to finish up a new analysis in time for end of May reporting ... been waiting for a good sample size.

Just started a consulting job this week that's scheduled to last a couple months - and with a long commute - so I've had to adjust scope and some games could be a bit late getting posted.

Full 4Base Scorecard & Box of Games 45 (W) and 46 (L) are posted in usual places:  4BaseScore-FrontPage-LeftSidebar  or  4BaseScore-LAA-MAY-2015

pics:

LAA-Game046-05-26-15-SD-4-LAA-0-LAA-Side

LAA-Game045-05-25-15-ARI-3-LAA-4-LAA-Sid