• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN redesigns website.

Redondo

i'm guessing they have dedicated pages for all things yankees, red sox, duke, ray lewis, and lebron, and that it takes at least 15 mouse clicks to finally uncover where they've buried their hockey news.

it's awful.

not intuitive.

was looking for the cubs record last year, and it took me about a minute to navigate to it from the espn clubhouse page. 

Took me about 3 seconds, and seemed pretty intuitive, at least for this specific search.  Hover over the MLB button near the top of the page, click on the Cubs logo, and then when you get to their page, click history.  All past years' records are immediately displayed.

congratulations. 

anyway, there are fundamental gestalt principles behind good information design, web-based or otherwise. espn's redesign is a mess. 

oh snap, son! check out the big brain on brad.

my .02, what primarily drove me away from espn was slow load times, automatic video play, pay articles and singularity of topic issues. the new website seems to have fixed the load time and automatic video play issues, both of which i actually resent, and i'm sure the former was connected to the latter. i don't expect them to go away from their pay model or their focus on manufactured stories, why would they?

Edited by ukyah

Took me about 3 seconds, and seemed pretty intuitive, at least for this specific search.  Hover over the MLB button near the top of the page, click on the Cubs logo, and then when you get to their page, click history.  All past years' records are immediately displayed.

Settle down, Bill Gates. We're not impressed with your freakish computer skills round these parts.

Settle down, Bill Gates. We're not impressed with your freakish computer skills round these parts.

Ha.  Yeah, trust me, I'm not bragging.  But if we're talking about a design being intuitive, I'm just saying that for the specific search being referenced, the design seems perfectly logical and intuitive to me.  *shrug*

I hate change, which is why I'm still an angel fan after nearly 40 years of disappointment.

I see what they are doing. I'll give it a chance, but I like the old layout better.

I don't use it much, but my browser isn't locked on Miamivice.com , Tubbsandcrockett.com , or TrudyandGina.com either.

ESPN's new pages is just another example of adding a lot of glitz where it's not really needed or wanted.  I like simple pages that load fast, like Drudge Report and Baseball Reference.  So do most people.  Google became popular with its single line first page back when AltaVista was a better search engine. Web designers are always shooting themselves in the foot trying to be too clever.  

My first look at it yesterday on my phone yielded no articles more than four short paragraphs in length. It was devoid of any real content as far as I saw. Not that the old version wasn't but at least they tried to fill space.

Went to ESPN this morning to look at last nights game info. Auto play video is back on when you click on the game box. No box score option to go there directly instead of having to click on the game summary first. No box score available after I went to the summary page, only a highlight reel option which of course is more auto play