• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Orange County Register: Angels owner Arte Moreno says team 'nowhere' with negotiations for new Angel Stadium lease

AngelsWin.com

Would you be upset if you were given a business deal and then it was pulled?  How is Arte supposed to believe that any offer from the CoA will be kept next time?

To paraphrase Glengarry Glen Ross.

GET THEM TO SIGN ON THE LINE THAT IS DOTTED.

Until then, nothing is guaranteed.

yep, but only libs get so uppity about it they have to bring it up in a completely unrelated thread.

"Uppity"?

Wow. I don't think that word has been used in about 50 years.

All this for a half-tongue-in-cheek response (regarding Disney) that was related about as much as all the similarly tongue-in-cheek "Thanks Obama" posts are in every thread.

In other words, lighten up.

"Uppity"?

Wow. I don't think that word has been used in about 50 years.

All this for a half-tongue-in-cheek response (regarding Disney) that was related about as much as all the similarly tongue-in-cheek "Thanks Obama" posts are in every thread.

In other words, lighten up.

you forgot Francis.

Maybe he can't believe it.  So he should move on to the next city.  What city is that going to be, MT?

Don't know.  I've already said that the current location is by far the best one out there.  However that doesn't mean it is going to work out.  Would you desire to go back to negotiations with an entity that pulled a mutually agreed to offer off the table or would you just move on?

Don't know.  I've already said that the current location is by far the best one out there.  However that doesn't mean it is going to work out.  Would you desire to go back to negotiations with an entity that pulled a mutually agreed to offer off the table or would you just move on?

He's dealing with a mayor and city council.  Stuff happens.  Its not like he's dealing with a sole proprietor of a company, with one decision maker.  They pulled the offer, stuff happens.  You can't cry over it.

If no other city is making him an offer, it looks like he is between a rock and hard place.  Good thing he has a good relationship with the COA. 

Oh, my bad.  He doesn't.  Arte screwed any goodwill with that with the name change.  Oh well.  That's business.

He's dealing with a mayor and city council. Stuff happens. Its not like he's dealing with a sole proprietor of a company, with one decision maker. They pulled the offer, stuff happens. You can't cry over it.

If no other city is making him an offer, it looks like he is between a rock and hard place. Good thing he has a good relationship with the COA.

Oh, my bad. He doesn't. Arte screwed any goodwill with that with the name change. Oh well. That's business.

If that deal had gone to the voters it would've never been approved to begin with. The collateral damage.....one councilmember was already voted out because of this issue. Now the others are already back pedaling. The people of Anaheim don't want this deal.

If that deal had gone to the voters it would've never been approved to begin with. The collateral damage.....one councilmember was already voted out because of this issue. Now the others are already back pedaling. The people of Anaheim don't want this deal.

If this was true then they should not have made the agreement in the first place, don't you think?

Would you be upset if you were given a business deal and then it was pulled? How is Arte supposed to believe that any offer from the CoA will be kept next time?

I didn't say he shouldn't be upset, although it was just an MOU. Many MOU's change or fall through. That possibility is why they aren't contracts.

I don't know the behind the scenes story, just that the Angels made a point of walking away. I agree that all parties should return to the table, as I said on page 1, certainly there is middle ground between the $225M that Anaheim believes the land is worth and the $66 that Arte and the developers would like it for that still returns sufficient profits to cover a renovation.

If this was true then they should not have made the agreement in the first place, don't you think?

I think that the voters have spoken. One council member is out and Tait won by a landslide. Tait's running mate was also elected. The original council still has 3 votes so why haven't they followed through? Because they will also be out the door if they do.

I think that the voters have spoken. One council member is out and Tait won by a landslide. Tait's running mate was also elected. The original council still has 3 votes so why haven't they followed through? Because they will also be out the door if they do.

You have already said that like, 100 times.

Someone please tell me that there is another city out there within 250 square miles of Anaheim that's willing to give Arte all of the land he needs to build a stadium that's surrounded by the land he wants to develop for a dollar per year for 66 years.

My guess is there is another city out there that would give him all that land if he promised them a stadium, I doubt he wants to fund a stadium, not that I can blame him.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke was just approved for a $2 billion stadium plan in Inglewood.

Note to Arte..."That's how it's done son"

Bad deal for the taxpayers rushed through without a vote, EIR, or realistic plan to pay for it? I don't think that's a good example...

Bad deal for the taxpayers rushed through without a vote, EIR, or realistic plan to pay for it? I don't think that's a good example...

Kroenke bought the land. He didn't ask for free land. This project will be privately funded. The EIR shouldn't really be an issue because it was already a sports venue. It's a win-win for the City of Inglewood and the residents. Holywood Park was full of blight and homeless people. To have that replaced by a brand new stadium is a huge improvement.