• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

CNN anchor revises the Declaration of Independence

Given the vast number of "unalienable rights" that were previously ignored but now are demanded by society how can one make the claim to have any real idea where these right truly come from? If God does provide these rights is it possible to find a list of other rights he's saving to release on society at a future date?

What rights are you talking about? 

Man there are some strange comments on this thread.

Speaking of Commandments, this is the same judge who lost his job last decade because he defied orders from a federal judge to have a Ten Commandments monument removed from a state Supreme courthouse.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/11/13/moore.tencommandments/

And now he's doing everything he can to keep gay marriages banned in Alabama. Whatever happened between him and Cuomo is a non-story but make no mistake about it, this guy is a bit of a nutter.

a non-story you have commented on twice. 

Again, strange comment.  If, by story you mean this isn't "big news" then sure, I agree with you.  If you mean by non-story that this isn't worthy of a thread, then I guess the fact that it has multiple pages proves that theory incorrect.

The point is that the DOI was always viewed as correct, even when blacks were slaves. Because the definition of men was different.

What other definitions will change over time?

It's silly to act like my words are an attempt to change what they meant. They clearly did not men "all men." That was a later adjustment to their words. Someone else's invention. Not the founding fathers.

Edited by HaloMagic

So your argument again is that you disagree with Jefferson's idea that rights don't come from an outside source, but from men.

I disagree but understand your point, but that wasn't the argument Cuomo made though. It is absolutely clear that Jefferson did mean that.

Oh, no. You are right about that. Cuomo's argument was very strange. Not one I agree with. I was disagreeing with fs79's second post. Then somehow I got tangled up with you, like we both seem to so often. And usually I would just play devil's advocate until the cows come home but this time I'll pass. We disagree where rights come from. We agree Cuomo doesn't know what he's talking about.

a non-story you have commented on twice. 

Again, strange comment.  If, by story you mean this isn't "big news" then sure, I agree with you.  If you mean by non-story that this isn't worthy of a thread, then I guess the fact that it has multiple pages proves that theory incorrect.

I haven't commented on the details of the article from which FS pulled from some far-right blogger. But the real stories that took place are what I found more interesting, hence my previous post.

honest response. that judge isn't presenting the full truth when saying that deceleration of independence is organic law. it's not the only thing that composes it according to the code. the constitution is included in it. take what you want from that tidbit because the constitution has never been amended since the bill of rights. 

I tried but couldn't understand this.

Not in that 2-minute clip, but the article implies he said it, and other sources attribute the quote to Cuomo. I would like to see the entire interview.

This may have been a good idea in the first place. 

politicians say stupid shit.  Media says really stupid shit.  Anytime a politician, or wanna-be politician gets on media they say really really stupid shit.  I ignore shit at every turn, fan, glad you are back in form, however, you need to get some shit tolerance spray.