• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I hope Trout spends this off season fixing his swing so he can hit a high strike

rageous

This year's second half was beyond just a simple slump but it exposed a severe weakness in his swing.

Unless he can adjust he is going to regress further next year.

If he can adjust and learn how to hit a high fastball, he should be back to being as good as his rookie and sophomore season.

I heard Tank is having lunch with Trout on Thursday, so hopefully he can pass your message along.

He needs to go back to hitting the ball the other way with authority.  

This should definitely be a focus.  This was something I noticed was missing from last year and it mystified me how someone with such a tight, compact swing could K so much.  He should also try to be more aggressive on the first pitch to keep pitchers honest.  Guys are throwing get-me-over garbage as he passively sits there and watches it...tough to start the majority of your counts 0-1.  Time to make them pay.

Every time I see him step out of the box and take that practice uppercut swing I think, "man we've already seen the best of this guy."

Less speed, more HRs and more K's with some now-suspect defense

Give him a jersey next season that says "trumbo" and it will make sense.

Edited by SOTO

Holy **** !!! really??? The guy lead the AL in runs scored, RBI, total bases, WAR, sixth in doubles, third in triples. I was disappointed he didn't pull a Reggie Jackson in the post-season. The book is out on him? Madon !!! How good is that book when you're going to win the MVP. Look even the Babe had the record for whiffs at one point

Holy **** !!! really??? The guy lead the AL in runs scored, RBI, total bases, WAR, sixth in doubles, third in triples. I was disappointed he didn't pull a Reggie Jackson in the post-season. The book is out on him? Madon !!! How good is that book when you're going to win the MVP. Look even the Babe had the record for whiffs at one point

He had a great season. But he wasn't the same guy once pitchers started pitching him differently. Still good...just not quite great.

He'll adjust, though.

Now that Jeter is retired, Trout should hire him as his personal batting coach. Jeter had zero holes in his swing, was the epitome of offensive perfection, and is the Lord and Savior of the human race.

No one man should be allowed to monopolize the Jeter. Clearly the female gender has had to learn to share.

This year's second half was beyond just a simple slump but it exposed a severe weakness in his swing.

Unless he can adjust he is going to regress further next year.

If he can adjust and learn how to hit a high fastball, he should be back to being as good as his rookie and sophomore season.

Can he stop trying to hit HR's and just get on base and create havoc as a speedster.

He was much better with High Average  and he still hit 30 HRs.

Was those 7 extra HR's worth his lack of production elsewhere?

2014&minmax=ci&var=whiff&balls=-1&strike

http://www.brooksbaseball.net/h_tabs.php?player=545361&gFilt=&time=month&minmax=ci&var=po&s_type=16&endDate=10/06/2014&startDate=04/01/2014

It's a great site because you can also use it to look at situational hitting.  The link provides a table that shows the number/type of pitches he got this season. 

am I reading this correctly?  Is he whiffing on 11% of the pitches right down the middle?

He had a great season. But he wasn't the same guy once pitchers started pitching him differently. Still good...just not quite great.

He'll adjust, though.

Yes, okay agreed. But cheese n rice. wtf !!! okay so he didn't win the triple crown. I think you people are crazy this kid is amazing. this is insane. Trout is the best player I've seen since before they started injecting grade A horse steroid in their ass. Chill out people. I love the halos. go to all the games. For ****'s sake so he didn't bat .340 this year. Trout is amazing. Once in a lifetime