• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia playing Hamilton is inexcusable

It may have cost us this game, and series.  Absolutely ridiculous, not only has he played like dog shit all season but he hadn't even played in a month.  You all know how I feel about Scioscia, but I wasn't ready to blame him for Game 1.  But Scioscia definitely deserves a fair share of the blame for tonight.

Its a joint effort. The hitting has been atrocious and the Royals have simply out-played the Angels. Kudos to the Royals for playing good baseball. Shame on Scioscia and his Angels for disappointing once again.

The offense has choked big time, but Yost has completely outcoached Scioscia, especially tonight.  I don't blame Scioscia for playing Hamilton in Game 1, but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  You need to put the lineup out there that gives you the best chance to win, you can't play a guy just because he has a bloated contract and you're hoping you might get some payoff.

When I read all the hype about Hamilton really looking forward to playing in the postseason and Scioscia's bs about him being almost ready, I knew he was going to play. I told my wife, the moment he's in the lineup our offense will shutdown. I guess when you're paid so much money, you can't be judged by your true value. Very sad. I'm not superstitious, but isn't it a strange coincidence how this team changes when Josh plays or doesn't?

Yes Hamilton is shitty but Mike is not to blame for all the other shitty performances. The fact we have what 9 hits in 21 innings

At your job at In-N-Out, if your subordinates consistently failed, should your superiors give you a pass? 

I'm serious here.  If it's your responsibility to make sure they get the job done, then it's no different for Mike Scioscia.  He owns their failures. 

The offense has choked big time, but Yost has completely outcoached Scioscia, especially tonight.  I don't blame Scioscia for playing Hamilton in Game 1, but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.  You need to put the lineup out there that gives you the best chance to win, you can't play a guy just because he has a bloated contract and you're hoping you might get some payoff.

Yost's OFers have all caught the balls hit to them.    Thats the difference in this series right now.  

At your job at In-N-Out, if your subordinates consistently failed, should your superiors give you a pass?

I'm serious here. If it's your responsibility to make sure they get the job done, then it's no different for Mike Scioscia. He owns their failures.

I understand the situation completely. If Mike was to sit everyone that is failing we would have only three hitters maybe.

I'll ask you this, at your job do you need your boss to tell you to be ready to work? Mike has made mistakes, but this is players sucking ass more than Mike making bad decisions.

There was absolutley no reason to play Hamilton. None. He's coming off something he called a "new" injury in an interview a few weeks ago, as he was explaining the issue with his popping ribs, and how it was "different." The dude played bad all season(with the exception of the very few times he actually strung a few hits together), never hit a homerun at home, and was always hurt. He struggled with routine plays in the outfield, and swung at absolute garbage. There is no room for him in the lineup if you want to win.