• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

It's time to give credit where credit is due ...

Spirit

Good point.

Im not gonna give butcher a whole ton of credit, because hes got better 'clay' to mold this year.

That said, i never felt he was 'the' problem back when our pitchers were struggling either.

Its like hatcher. He caught a lot of flack (a lot rightly so). But the front office never stacked the bats to match the powerhouse teams (skanks, sux, texas) for a good chunk of his decade either. So hatcher wasnt the great mentor in 2002, 04 or 09, neither was he the main reason we failed in 05, 06, 07 etc.

Here's my thought on comparing Butcher and Hatcher. If Butcher was no longer the Angels pitching coach would another team hire him to be their pitching coach? I think so. You can't say that about Hatcher. He hasn't been hired to be a hitting coach anywhere else, nor do I think he will be.

Here's my thought on comparing Butcher and Hatcher. If Butcher was no longer the Angels pitching coach would another team hire him to be their pitching coach? I think so. You can't say that about Hatcher. He hasn't been hired to be a hitting coach anywhere else, nor do I think he will be.

Agreed. I've criticized Butcher a lot in the past, but the work he's done with Richards, Santiago, Jepsen, Rasmus, etc this year is impressive. I can't think of a young hitter Hatcher made better in his time in Anaheim. Figgins maybe? Seriously can't think of any others. Aybar got a little better, and Kendrick has been the same hitter since the day he stepped foot in the Bigs.