• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels manager Mike Scioscia said Cory Rasmus is an option to start on Saturday.

Chuck

It's at the point where you wonder if four innings of Rasmus is better than the alternative?

Given the suckitude of the alternatives, the strength of the bullpen and how close we are to the expansion of rosters...I say yes. And if he starts now maybe you can stretch him out to 80-odd pitches by the end of the season.

So we're going to burn out our long guy in the bullpen by pitching him 4 innings, then kill the rest of the bullpen? I don't agree. Either call up Roth or Wolf and keep Rasmus in the pen just in case they implode.

At the start of next week we can have five long guys in the bullpen. It's not like we're short of relief options to call up when rosters expand.

I'd be down for this approach on Saturday. Sometimes you screw the other team up by introducing a new pitcher with a new arm angle/pitch selection/speed every couple of innings. The hitters never get a chance to settle in. My guess is a Wolf or Roth start wouldn't go all that different than LeBlanc. 2 or 3 innings of getting by and then once the hitters see them for a second time, boom, game is out of hand.