• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Threads

Chuck

I always enjoy the game day thread.  I never post - just don't have anything to say really. I still dig the forum though.  I very much enjoy reading along with Game Day while watching the game. Also, if I miss part of the game, I will often go back to the early pages of the game day thread to get a sense of whats been happening... almost like a highlight transcript.

Yeah, people spout off in colorful ways... and occasionally probably cross the line but it seems like more often than not it is just passionate fans that are venting. They do it because they love the team.  Let them vent.  It's pretty harmless.

I guess my point is that there's probably a fair number of people like me that aren't necessarily active posters, but who are active readers of the board and enjoy the varied perspectives.  I was bummed when I came on the site today and there was no game day thread.  I hope it comes back.

I always enjoy the game day thread. I never post - just don't have anything to say really. I still dig the forum though. I very much enjoy reading along with Game Day while watching the game. Also, if I miss part of the game, I will often go back to the early pages of the game day thread to get a sense of whats been happening... almost like a highlight transcript.

Yeah, people spout off in colorful ways... and occasionally probably cross the line but it seems like more often than not it is just passionate fans that are venting. They do it because they love the team. Let them vent. It's pretty harmless.

I guess my point is that there's probably a fair number of people like me that aren't necessarily active posters, but who are active readers of the board and enjoy the varied perspectives. I was bummed when I came on the site today and there was no game day thread. I hope it comes back.

After reading your comments I don't know why you don't post more often. Edited by Lou

I always enjoy the game day thread.  I never post - just don't have anything to say really. I still dig the forum though.  I very much enjoy reading along with Game Day while watching the game. Also, if I miss part of the game, I will often go back to the early pages of the game day thread to get a sense of whats been happening... almost like a highlight transcript.

Yeah, people spout off in colorful ways... and occasionally probably cross the line but it seems like more often than not it is just passionate fans that are venting. They do it because they love the team.  Let them vent.  It's pretty harmless.

I guess my point is that there's probably a fair number of people like me that aren't necessarily active posters, but who are active readers of the board and enjoy the varied perspectives.  I was bummed when I came on the site today and there was no game day thread.  I hope it comes back.

I agree with everything you said. In fact, I hadn't thought about the part I bolded, which is odd because I was the same before I started posting on this site (with the old format). Vent threads were, and are, always some of the most entertaining threads for me. Much like a number of people have stated in this thread, I go back and review pages of the vent thread without giving away the current game's status. To me, that is more entertaining than simply going and looking at the box score; understanding the emotions of fellow Angels' fans when Calhoun robs a three run homer, etc.

Agreed with Lou above me, if you bring that kind of delivery and perspective, I hope you start posting on here more often.

Edited by HeavenlyHalos

Call me crazy but I usually go back and read the GDT if I'm busy during the game. I actually read all 70+ pages of that 19 inning fiasco against Boston a couple of weeks ago. Tonight was one of those nights where I was busy and I wanted to go and check out some of the comments about some of the highlights of the game, for example Kole's catch. I absolutely agree with Heavenly Halos and S. Brothers comments as well.

While I do agree it does get out of hand with the negativity sometimes I still like to see what everybody is honestly thinking during the game. I have no problem tossing the people that make personal attacks or refer to a player that just struck out as a POS and things like that.

But I strongly prefer having a GDT as long as nobody gets kicked out for voicing their opinion within the rules. BTW what specifically are the rules? I mean I have an idea but not sure exactly. I think I posted something like "man I hate Ortiz" yesterday. Is that out of line. I'm honestly not sure, just want to clarify.

Anyway, please bring back the GDT.

Edited by Angelsfirst

Since killing my Directv, I am unable to watch any between inning car ads.  Hence, my game day chat experience just hasn't been the same.  And the delay with mlb.tv makes it impossible to stay in time with the chatroom.  I really liked the chatroom when I was in there.  It was awesome.  Some good side banter with bits of game commentary thrown in.  

Honestly, a lot of us are watching the game on MLB.TV, which has like a 20-30 second delay. I've had big moments ruined for me in the chat which is why I try to avoid it. It would be cool if you could add a delay option where you only see the posts 20-30 seconds after they happened, or else I'll prefer the regular gameday chat with more heavy moderation.

That's sort of why I don't go in there more.   That delay is a pain in the ass when everyone else already knows what happened.

I'd like to keep the GDTs going, obviously, since I frequently start them in the first place.  I really don't see the issue.  People have fun.  If it's too much for certain people or they don't like it, then they can use the chat. 

The GDTs are my primary way of interacting with other people on the board, at this point.

The delay on MLB tv doesn't allow you to stay in time with the gameday thread either. I am using the audio feed at work and the gameday thread is always filled with reactions to plays that haven't happened yet on the MLB feed. So the common courtesy please, I'm on a 30 second to a minute delay, isn't a valid excuse.

My brother used to hate it when he was still on cable and my FIOS feed was well ahead of him on football. For the longest time I never told him and would bet him a play would succeed or fail. I was like Bill Belichick with a sideline camera stealing signs. Later I fessed up and to time the delay I would call hike and after the play was whistled dead and was in replay he would get the snap.

My brother used to hate it when he was still on cable and my FIOS feed was well ahead of him on football. For the longest time I never told him and would bet him a play would succeed or fail. I was like Bill Belichick with a sideline camera stealing signs. Later I fessed up and to time the delay I would call hike and after the play was whistled dead and was in replay he would get the snap.

My brother is in MN and we both DVR the football games. When we watch together, talking on the phone, we synchronize our playback to within +/-1 second after skipping commercials. It's almost like we are in the same room.

This is a chucktatorship! Time to riot and loot! I call dibs on the Trout merch because reasons.

Sorry tdawg but all looting is organized these days to keep the rioting on schedule. Your section is the Cheese Puffs aisle but leave the Flaming Doritos alone, that's for the guys in the Soccer Forum because... well, you know why.