• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels all-time leader for HR by a first baseman is...

So these strictly take the HRs hit while the players were playing at that position, correct? So if there's a player like Erstad who played a different number of positions throughout his career, would have his HRs split across those positions?

My example would be, that Pujols' walk-off HR hit against the Red Sox wouldn't theoretically count to his total since it was hit while he was playing 3B in the 19-inning game? Or would it still count since he's technically an Angels 1B who hit another HR?

Mo Vaughn had 36 HR and 33 HR seasons for the Halos the two years he played for Anaheim -- 69 total HRs -- but his first year with the Halos he played 70 games at DH and not quite as many the next season..........so of his 69 HRs, probably about 50 or so were when he was playing 1B.

Halos have had sort of a revolving door at 1B --

Pujols there now but he sort of DHs every fourth game or so,,,,,,,

How many Halos 1Bs have been there for any length of time?

Jim Spencer, Rod Carew, Wally Joyner perhaps Erstad but he spent much more time in CF. (JT Snow wasn't here that long -- but his gold glove left an impression).

GEEZ, other than those guys, I kind of draw a blank thinking of other Halos' 1B guys over the years, Ted Kluszewski (spelled wrong) in '61, Don Mincher shortly after that......having trouble naming more off the top of my head........(Napoli doesn't really count, oh yeah, Mo Vaughn -- but we try to forget him).

Mo Vaughn had 36 HR and 33 HR seasons for the Halos the two years he played for Anaheim -- 69 total HRs -- but his first year with the Halos he played 70 games at DH and not quite as many the next season..........so of his 69 HRs, probably about 50 or so were when he was playing 1B.

Halos have had sort of a revolving door at 1B --

Pujols there now but he sort of DHs every fourth game or so,,,,,,,

How many Halos 1Bs have been there for any length of time?

Jim Spencer, Rod Carew, Wally Joyner perhaps Erstad but he spent much more time in CF. (JT Snow wasn't here that long -- but his gold glove left an impression).

GEEZ, other than those guys, I kind of draw a blank thinking of other Halos' 1B guys over the years, Ted Kluszewski (spelled wrong) in '61, Don Mincher shortly after that......having trouble naming more off the top of my head........(Napoli doesn't really count, oh yeah, Mo Vaughn -- but we try to forget him).

The apparently rather forgettable Scott Spiezio says hello.