• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

wilson, Hamilton etc...

floplag

Totally disagree on the Trout affect thing. Have you noticed that no one gets mad at Calhoun despite his recent struggles. Calhoun plays hard and wasn't a big signing who came here and did jack shit. It's hard to care about a guy making $25 million a year who seems like he has given up on caring. Obviously Hamilton still cares, but he either isn't putting in the work like he used to or he was on steroids. Either way, it's bullshit

There is a lot of truth to this on this board, I am sure it happens on other boards, but I don't frequent or even visit other boards.

I think that the board would be happy if the players (free agent signings) performed at the level that they played in their last year with their prior club. 

2011 Pujols ,299 / 37hrs / 99rbi's / .907ops

2012 Hamilton .285 / 43hrs / 128rbi's / .931ops

I think that the Angels got fleeced by both these guys and the disappointment is warranted. WTF happened to these guys? 

There is a lot of truth to this on this board, I am sure it happens on other boards, but I don't frequent or even visit other boards.

nor do i.. but those who want to bench everyone from pujols & hamilton to weaver to wilson etc... are just spoiled.

we need to them right the ship, we are not better with them out of the lineup... to think otherwise is just silly.

with all these struggles we still have tjhe second best record in the game...   unfortunately we are up against Beane and his contract with Hades

I think that the board would be happy if the players (free agent signings) performed at the level that they played in their last year with their prior club.

2011 Pujols ,299 / 37hrs / 99rbi's / .907ops

2012 Hamilton .285 / 43hrs / 128rbi's / .931ops

I think that the Angels got fleeced by both these guys and the disappointment is warranted. WTF happened to these guys?

Of course we would all love that. These kinds of signings happen to every team that signs big name free agents. You have to choose to either stay away from it all together or jump in and be at risk to this. Baseball is a sport where players are paid in free agency for what they have done. It sucks, but it isn't only the Angels who make these types of signings.

Of course we would all love that. These kinds of signings happen to every team that signs big name free agents. You have to choose to either stay away from it all together or jump in and be at risk to this. Baseball is a sport where players are paid in free agency for what they have done. It sucks, but it isn't only the Angels who make these types of signings.

I think with Pujols it's a natural age regression. Hamilton on the other hand is a lost ball in high weeds. He needs to go back to Texas or retire. He's just looks so disengaged with everything around him. He's never been comfortable here in Anaheim. .245 lifetime here.