• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Israel vs. Palestine

34 minutes ago, cals said:

Here’s an article which explains what the cons and MAGAs won’t (or can’t #jason) themselves.

https://theintercept.com/2023/10/14/israel-gaza-george-bush/#:~:text=It is often said that,to an open-air prison.

@Taylor can we get a mediabiasfactcheck?

from what I can tell Liberals and Biden people have been supportive of Israel and it's right to defend themselves. Not sure why you're trying to make this a maga thing. I'm pretty sure maga is split on support for israel.

but yea anyways 

n9q8v92vm7ub1.jpg?auto=webp&s=fb57a3e27defaef3fe2566ef3ac17d5e346edc54

3 minutes ago, NrM said:

from what I can tell Liberals and Biden people have been supportive of Israel and it's right to defend themselves. Not sure why you're trying to make this a maga thing. I'm pretty sure maga is pretty split on support for israel.

I don’t see why it’s so hard to understand.  I don’t see why those under the influence of the influences can’t acknowledge it.

This is 100% about religion and the effects of religion on politics.  

Evangelicals and Christian Zionists have become very powerful voting blocks since the time of GHWB.  Now Republicans are bound to bend at the knee to their whims.  It hasn’t always been that way.  Republicans used to also just be rich dudes that didn’t want to pay taxes and didn’t care about social conservatism.  But now you can’t win as a Republican unless you landed to them, even if you really don’t give a fuck about them (See: Donald Trump).  

And on the other side of the coin the Democrats are so heavy influenced and financed by Jewish Americans that it’s frowned upon to question Israel or it’s policies for fear of losing Jewish support.

Put both of those things together and you have an American political establishment that leans heavily pro-Israel.  This isn’t really at play in any other country.  Perhaps a bit in the UK, but nothing like it is here and mostly because they don’t have the Christian Zionists.  

What happened last week was disgusting.  If my family was affected I’d be outraged.  But the causes aren’t simple black and white.  And Israel’s actions and policies since the 1940’s were at least partially to blame.  You should be able to discuss that without fear of losing your job or whatever else is being threatened now by powerful American Jews.

And I also find it odd that all of the reliable AW conservatives are rallying together for Israel and when asked what about “America First” and all that bullshit, there is no answer.  Well, this is your answer:  Jesus.

6 minutes ago, cals said:

I don’t see why it’s so hard to understand.  I don’t see why those under the influence of the influences can’t acknowledge it.

Evangelicals and Christian Zionists have become very powerful voting blocks since the time of GHWB.  Now Republicans are bound to bend at the knee to their whims.  It hasn’t always been that way.  Republicans used to also just be rich dudes that didn’t want to pay taxes and didn’t care about social conservatism.  But now you can’t win as a Republican unless you landed to them, even if you really don’t give a fuck about them (See: Donald Trump).  

And on the other side of the coin the Democrats are so heavy influenced and financed by Jewish Americans that it’s frowned upon to question Israel or it’s policies for fear of losing Jewish support.

Put both of those things together and you have an American political establishment that leans heavily pro-Israel.  This isn’t really at play in any other country.  Perhaps a bit in the UK, but nothing like it is here and mostly because they don’t have the Christian Zionists.  

What happened last week was disgusting.  If my family was affected I’d be outraged.  But the causes aren’t simple black and white.  And Israel’s actions and policies since the 1940’s were at least partially to blame.  You should be able to discuss that without fear of losing your job or whatever else is being threatened now by powerful American Jews.

And I also find it odd that all of the reliable AW conservatives are rallying together for Israel and when asked what about “America First” and all that bullshit, there is no answer.  Well, this is your answer:  Jesus.

Cals... I like you.... You're like a harmless troll/instigator. You a cool dude

1 hour ago, cals said:

Here’s an article which explains what the cons and MAGAs won’t (or can’t #jason) themselves.

https://theintercept.com/2023/10/14/israel-gaza-george-bush/#:~:text=It is often said that,to an open-air prison.

@Taylor can we get a mediabiasfactcheck?

Do you have anything written at a lower reading level?

The closest thing to Gaza in the US are Indian reservations, but if you didn't let the inhabitants leave, treated them like sub-humans, bombed them, etc. 

As Chris Hedges said, what did Israel think would happen? You can't keep a people in an open air prison for decades upon decades, treat them worse than animals, and not expect this.

This isn't to justify Hamas or acts of terrorism, but to explain their behavior. It is largely because of the ongoing terrorism of the Israeli government. It isn't hard to understand. Nor is it hard to understand that Netanyahu was chomping at the bit for this opportunity to advance his Zionist agenda to get rid of the Gazans, once and for all.

The sad thing is that everyone suffers for the psychopathic games of world governments and the oligarchs they serve. They play games, we suffer and die for it. Maybe at some point we need to stop taking the bait and pointing at our gay or redneck neighbor who has different ideas on culture war wedge issues, and start looking at who is profiting from all of this division. I'll give you a hint: big banks, big pharma, Blackrock, Vanguard, etc etc. We're being played.

14 hours ago, cals said:

Back in Orange County I had a neighbor who is married to a Catholic German woman. Beautiful woman, total sweetheart. My wife and I would hang out with them frequently. One night we were sitting around drinking and it got late. I forget how it came up but oh boy, she started going off on the Jews. Not because of Gaza, just good old fashioned racist Nazi hate. I was shocked that someone so young and pretty and sweet had so much hatred in her. But hey, she's German.

Another time we were over at their house for a holiday party, and they had a Star Wars movie on for the kids. Natalie Portman was in the movie and our friend the German girl said to me, "she's so beautiful, can you believe she's a Jew?" She was completely serious. I thought my jaw was going to hit the floor.

The moral to this story is, the Jew-hatred comes out when the drinking starts.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Back in Orange County I had a neighbor who is married to a Catholic German woman. Beautiful woman, total sweetheart. My wife and I would hang out with them frequently. One night we were sitting around drinking and it got late. I forget how it came up but oh boy, she started going off on the Jews. Not because of Gaza, just good old fashioned racist Nazi hate. I was shocked that someone so young and pretty and sweet had so much hatred in her. But hey, she's German.

Another time we were over at their house for a holiday party, and they had a Star Wars movie on for the kids. Natalie Portman was in the movie and our friend the German girl said to me, "she's so beautiful, can you believe she's a Jew?" She was completely serious. I thought my jaw was going to hit the floor.

The moral to this story is, the Jew-hatred comes out when the drinking starts.

Let’s try this again:  Despite what we are all being told, being critical of Israel doesn’t make you antisemitic.  Fuck sake.

You know what I find truly antisemitic?  Wanting the Jews in Israel for the sole purpose that it’s a requirement for Jesus to return, but so sad for those Jews, when he does, they will be left behind to die with all the other heathens.  Fuck, if that shit is right then it’s better for the Jews to get their asses out of Israel.  At least they’ll delay their own demise.  Zionist Christians are practically rooting for them to die at this point.

4 hours ago, cals said:

Let’s try this again:  Despite what we are all being told, being critical of Israel doesn’t make you antisemitic.  Fuck sake.

Do you remember learning about crazy shit in elementary school like burning witches, and leeching to get out the sickness, and thinking, “damn, good thing people aren’t so crazy anymore”?

People will believe anything if enough other people believe it for long enough. 

32 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Do you remember learning about crazy shit in elementary school like burning witches, and leeching to get out the sickness, and thinking, “damn, good thing people aren’t so crazy anymore”?

People will believe anything if enough other people believe it for long enough. 

It’s been said that George Washington bled to death due to medical practice of the time. 

13 hours ago, Lhalo said:

01EDD203-5AED-41B9-92FE-E2F9AA8E081A.jpeg

Gonna use this here to make a point.

Israel isn't the good guy here. And they aren't "the good guy". But they're the less of the two evils... no matter how much some don't want to believe that.

This isn't an overnight thing. And I know modern society as it is, people want to grasp social media posts, quick Google searches etc to form an opinion.

Essentially...

For tight or wrong, Israel showed up 70 years ago. You can argue they shouldn't have been allowed to, you can argue they should have (depending on what side you take), but they did. And there's no going back.

In the years since, the locals attacked Israel time after time, and Israel came out on top, time after time, and the result is the current day.

In regards to the meme above, for all the rhetoric, at some point the Arab governments decided it wasn't worth it anymore... and moved on... to normalizing relations with Israel. And for all the negatives you can point out about Israel, they haven't had any problems since with those that did, like Egypt and Jordan. And the other Arab countries have more or less decided they did enough to help the Palestinians. They aren't doing it anymore. (Syria might, but it has its own problems). 

Israel for all its wrongs had in the past tried to negotiate... and the PLO said no every time. 

At its simplest point... the Palestinains said "no" to any deal, and the other option was "keep fighting". 

And they did.

And the situation only got worse and worse for them.

At some point you have to look at it like "you made this choice." As f*cked at their situation is.

It would be one thing if the Gazans were trying to negotiate. But they aren't. They're demand is "Israel go away", which is never happening. They openly fight with Fatah. 

And like the meme above, they more or less have lost the popular support of everyone else in the region, no matter how u popular Israel is. 

And again it's because they aren't willing to negotiate anything realistic. And their neighbors in Jordan and Egypt and Lebanon have had more than enough of their own problems with the same shit. Hamas. Muslim Brotherhood. PLO. Hezbollah. The whole mess in Syria. ISIS. Amal. Etc etc.