• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Angels are on a ROLL!!!

Chuck

BTW, it depends on how you look at the pen in terms of who is the worst.  The halos have the lowest total pen WAR of -0.8 in all of baseball.  They have a WPA of -0.12 for 20th overall.  

Fangraphs also tracks something called shutdowns and meltdowns or whether the reliever increased or decreased the team win probability by 6%

The halos have 59 shutdowns.  24th worst

they have 32 meltdowns or 11th best.  So they've done a decent job of minimizing the damage.  Or the pen has actually been a little lucky and based on their numbers, it could have actually affected more games.  

Jepsen actually leads the team in meltdowns  

The blown saves are probably really impacting the WAR and WPA....   Thats just about the worst possible outcome other than a loss, and they have been awful in that area.

Still you get the general point I'm making, bad pens are sort of en-vogue among AL contenders this year, or so it seems.   Of course that creates a bigger problem -- those teams are also going to want to improve their pens and the situation is likely to help the sellers out....  another reason I hope the Angels take some fliers on guys like Garcia etc etc.

Great points in both of your posts, Doc.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Also, I am psyched about the way this team is playing.  They have some holes and they are still winning.  A sign of a good team.  The holes can be patched without great difficulty as well.  One kick ass reliever and this team is as good as any out there.  

BTW, it depends on how you look at the pen in terms of who is the worst.  The halos have the lowest total pen WAR of -0.8 in all of baseball.  They have a WPA of -0.12 for 20th overall.  

Fangraphs also tracks something called shutdowns and meltdowns or whether the reliever increased or decreased the team win probability by 6%

The halos have 59 shutdowns.  24th worst

they have 32 meltdowns or 11th best.  So they've done a decent job of minimizing the damage.  Or the pen has actually been a little lucky and based on their numbers, it could have actually affected more games.  

Jepsen actually leads the team in meltdowns  

We should really just start calling those "Jepsens"

I once had a beautiful woman (wayyyy out of my league) say " Eat, eat , eat, doesn't anyone F****) anymore? The Angels bullpen needs to get back to basics, there is nothing wrong with starting over if that moves things forward.