• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Props to the bullpen for last night

Glen

The whole second half of the game I was thinking the last thing the Angels want to do is get into a pitching duel late in the game with the A's. Good to see we got the win but I was really starting to worry when we could get a base hit with all those runners in scoring position in the extra innings.

I like the fact that Jepsen is pitching better... but I refuse to relax when he comes in... the dude has priors.  I hope he keeps it up because that makes the bullpen all the better - but I can't help but cringe every time he comes into a game.

Last night the whole pen was simply awesome.

I was most impressed with the youngsters in our bullpen.  They really stepped up.  Sure, Morin gave up a run, but he stayed in the strikezone and got outs and got the Angels out of the inning, which is more than we can say for Jepsen the past few years.  Then Bedrosian came in for 2 high leverage innings and was dominant, just as the Angels needed him to be.  Then Rasmus came in the game and didn't allow the A's to even really threaten.  Rasmus has bee outstanding since being promoted and is beginning to make that Scott Downs trade look pretty smart. 

Great performance.  Can't wait to see the entire pen shape up once Alvarez arrives.  Bedrock, Morin, Alvarez, Smith, Frieri, Rasmus is a pretty solid group.  If Jepsen decides not to crap the bed as he does every time the Angels have trusted him, and Salas continues to escape jams, this team will be awfully dangerous if they make it to October. 

Should be coming off the DL shortly.  Someone with as much promise as he does, you can imagine the Angels are going to handle with extreme caution.  

Nothing more than a sore arm that they're giving him a few weeks to rest.  The Angels very much have him in their plans for later this season and want to be able to rely on him and his fresh arm down the stretch rather than having to worry about his health and replacing him.