• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

GDT 6/6/2014 vs. White Sox (Green sighting)

the overshit strikes again. 

I am not a fan of the shift at all. What is the chance you will be able to field a pull hitters grounder and what is the chance they will hit it to hole? Opening up a huge hole is just inviting a free hit while not playing the shift forces the batter to play it straight up. I would rather take chances on the ball being hit to a guy fielding his natural position than hope the ball doesn't roll past where a defender should have been.

I got a hair up my ass and chose to listen to the White Sox announcers. They're in love with Trout. Not just because of his skill but because of the way he carries himself. As much as Hawk annoys me, it's nice to hear him say those types of things

and if you looked at a manager's perspective, getting Pujols to play better is more about winning that appeasing fans who are frustrated.  It is stupid to suggest that Scioscia decisions are not based on winning.  Fans are able to bail on a player quickly.  Managers are not.

I do understand where you're coming from.

But I believe there's a politics side to it as well. That's why MS had to give Raul a "fair chance" and play him everyday for a while before releasing him.

Pujols in the 3 spot does not give the team the best shot at winning. Even if he does get going, he should still hit behind Hamilton.

I'll stop here. The team's winning and I'm in a happy mood. 

Edited by moccasin

I do understand where you're coming from.

But I believe there's a politics side to it as well. That's why MS had to give Raul a "fair chance" and play him everyday for a while before releasing him.

Pujols in the 3 spot does not give the team the best shot at winning. Even if he does get going, he should still hit behind Hamilton.

I'll stop here. The team's winning and I'm in a happy mood. 

There really isn't any political motivation for Sosh to continue to play him.  Playing a player who is making 20 million a year...like Wells has political ramification.  Now what very well could be happening is that Sosh and Dipoto is on the same page about Ibanez, and believe he will snap out of it. I am suspicious he played against right handers this week to give him one more chance to snap out of it.  I think he will be released soon.  I could be wrong though.  

Didn't even realize that all 8 runs that Jepsen has given up this year(in 20.1 IP) came in two outings. He's thrown up zeroes in 24 of 26 appearances this season, and after his opening night debacle where he gave up 5 ER, he's given up just 3 ER in his last 19 2/3 IP. He's been very good for awhile now

....yet, I still can't shake the fact that I worry whenever he enters a game. Hard to erase all the prior years of crap from him to fully trust him, despite what the numbers have shown so far. Just hope he quietly continues doing it because I had no idea he was doing this well until I looked

It was really busy at work tonight so I didn't get a chance to watch the game. Just turned it on and it's is nice to see a bounce back game. Also I think if Pujols would stop trying to pull every single pitch thrown to them i he would still be a stud