• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carmax?

I bought one vehicle from them several years ago at a good price, and I was set to buy another. I can tell you that this is definitely no longer the case. Their prices on many vehicles are well above retail. I was all set to buy a 2008 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring from them last April. I talked to my bank and they wanted a down payment of almost $1,900. Some checking revealed why. It was exactly, to the dollar, the amount above retail price that CarMax was asking for the vehicle. An independent used car deal rating site rated my proposed vehicle as a "poor buy". I passed and bought a different vehicle from a regular dealer.

Probably, I was comparing the prices to Blue Book opposed to retail because of them being used.

I bought my current car from them but financed it through an outside agency.

No, they do not negotiate, at all.  That said, the car I got was so limited edition that there were only 4 available in the entire western US, and the price was blue book.

I would not return to them under any circumstances otherwise, and actively looked for another dealer (even one 4 states away) that sold the same vehicle I was looking at less than a mile away.

I used their offer to buy my car at another dealer to get them to move on what they offered me for a trade in (yes, I'm aware...trade in dealer bad blah blah blah...let's just say the next morning they called me to ask if my car had been having any problems starting recently). Wouldn't buy a car from them...they totally hosed my step daughter and pushed her in to a car she couldn't afford and needed all sorts of maintenance the minute she drove it off the lot. Her bad for listening to her jackass father who sent her there, alone, and gave her the telephone high five when she called him...but still, was less than impressed with how much they gave her the run around afterwards...and then claimed it was no longer their problem after 30 days of not addressing the problem because time was up....but they graciously offered to buy back the car for 3k less than they sold it to her for.