• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pacific Northwest Angels Fanfest-Riverfloat party - July 12-14th

Chuck

As many of you know, I host a party at my house every summer that we call "The Riverfloat Party". Why do we call it a riverfloat party? Well I'm blessed to say I live right on the Snoqualmie River, 25 miles east of Seattle in a small town called North Bend. The river is just 10 steps down from my backyard, with the backdeck overlooking the raging river (though much calmer in July).

We all float down in our innertubes, personal or duo rafts, floating devices and then head back to my place for the foodfest portion of the festivities. Locals bring their signature dishes, those visiting from other states just bring beer and maybe some meat to throw on the BBQ, appetizers or dessert. 

After the Riverfloat and Foodfest, I have a live band play on the backdeck. They play cover stuff, but some original songs as well. The music is great. Stuff from the 60's all the way to current, like Radiohead, AWOL Nation, Kings of Leon, Muse etc. 

The band plays into the wee hours of the night and is a ton of fun. Last year we had about 85 people show up, that's 15 more than the year before. Like our AngelsWin.com fanfests, the party grows every year as the word gets out and if you've been once, you're coming back. That's how much fun it is. 

Oh yeah, bring a tent if you want to really experience the outdoors. We have about 5-10 tents pitched every summer for this event on my property. We also have some areas to sleep in the basement as well, but there's local hotels you can get for the night for about $60-70 that are close by if you're not into camping out.

Anyhow, every summer it really never lined up where the Angels would play during the time of month that I hold the riverfloat party, until this summer.

July 12th, 13th and 14th (Fri-Sun) the Angels are playing the Seattle Mariners at Safeco Field. On Saturday the 13th, we will have our Riverfloat Party. 

This way you get in an Angels game on Friday and Sunday at the beautiful Safeco Field in Seattle and spend the day in paradise at the basin of Mount Si in North Bend, WA with a bunch of really cool people, good friends. 

From AngelsWin.com, mrwicked and Mancini (and his lovely wife Laina) have attended. Mancini brought friends of his who live in Seattle last summer and they too had a blast -- I'm sure they'll be back as well. 

All of that to say this... block off that weekend NOW, secure some tickets to the games on Friday and/or Sunday and get your plane tickets earlier than later (cheaper if you do). 

BTW, this will not interfere with our AngelsWin.com Summer Fanfest in Orange County. Two different events! 

I'll start planning my trip! Maybe I can get that Friday and Monday off from work. I know my friends want to go again. I'll start looking into flights and have a few other friends in mind that have voiced interest.

I would definitely pick float weekend over Summer Fanfest. Last year's float far exceeded my expectations. Chuck, make sure to invite the person that brought the ribs. They were AWESOME!

I'll start planning my trip! Maybe I can get that Friday and Monday off from work. I know my friends want to go again. I'll start looking into flights and have a few other friends in mind that have voiced interest.

I would definitely pick float weekend over Summer Fanfest. Last year's float far exceeded my expectations. Chuck, make sure to invite the person that brought the ribs. They were AWESOME!

Nick, yep. Todd comes every year and brings the ribs. :)

Things are moving quickly. Wife and I are in (just need to work out what days I'm taking off) and Andrew and his wife are also in. Will reach out to a couple other friends.

Wow, you move quick Nick. I like it! 

I'll ramp up an Evite page here in the next week or so as well as here on the board. 

We are inviting a bunch more people if you don't mind. I have some friends down here interested (coughGULIBLGUYcough) and Andrew has some friends up by you also interested. I'll keep you posted.

Nick, that's awesome. The more the merrier.

I just got off the phone with Russ, he's the lead singer and guitarist for the band every year. He's down with July 13th and is reaching out to his band members to have them lock down that date as well.

Things are moving..

• 1 month later...

The game on Saturday starts at 7pm. How long would Jerome will be able to stay?

Only for the float portion if anything... would need to start it earlier than usual as well also. Like 11:30 am or noon the latest. I think he needs to be at the ballpark by 4-5.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys, it's about time to start planning your trip up here with the Riverfloat party just 6-7 weeks away on July 13th. 

The Angels happen to be in town for this weekend as well and I plan on going to both Friday and Sunday's games.

• 1 month later...

I used to post on the old forum and today I decided to check for tips on going to Seattle and found this! My family and I are flying up there for the Friday and Saturday games. Maybe we can swing by on Saturday meet angelswin peeps. Its our first time up there and we cant wait!

I used to post on the old forum and today I decided to check for tips on going to Seattle and found this! My family and I are flying up there for the Friday and Saturday games. Maybe we can swing by on Saturday meet angelswin peeps. Its our first time up there and we cant wait!

PM me your address and I'll include you on the invite for directions.