• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If You Could Pick Five MLB Players to Start Your Team....

Chuck

I honestly haven't seen enough of Myers.

Goldschmidt is legit and is just going to get better.

The one guy I'm surprised that hasn't got picked yet (and I was close) was Bumgarner.

Bumgarner is really good and flies under the radar. I looked him up for fantasy baseball and was surprised by his numbers.

I didn't pick him, but he's probably just outside of my top 5. How is a 26 year old with a 160 OPS+ last year not in your top 20?

Top 20 probably is a bit too much. That said, I would take the following players over Goldschmidt:

Trout

Harper

Machado

Posey

McCutcheon

Votto

Andrelton Simmons

Giancarlo Stanton

Kershaw

Harvey

Jose Fernandez

Bumgarner

Sale

Trout

Kershaw

Cabrera

Harvey

Machado

A few justifications - Troust and Kershaw are non-negotiables, the best hitter and the best pitcher in baseball and both very young. From there you have to consider the position and how valuable it is. I've gone Machado and Cabrera because it takes two of the most offensively challenged positions (SS and 3B) and Harvey for similar reasons. It makes much more sense to take a 3B or SS who can put up similar numbers to any 1B you might take, given the second tier of 1B are significantly better offensively than the second tier of 3B or SS. I only took Harvey narrowly over Sale, you want two starting pitchers at least in a group of five.

Top 20 probably is a bit too much. That said, I would take the following players over Goldschmidt:

Trout

Harper

Machado

Posey

McCutcheon

Votto

Andrelton Simmons

Giancarlo Stanton

Kershaw

Harvey

Jose Fernandez

Bumgarner

Sale

Why the hate on goldy? Just because he plays 1b?

Trout

Kershaw

Cabrera

Harvey

Machado

A few justifications - Troust and Kershaw are non-negotiables, the best hitter and the best pitcher in baseball and both very young. From there you have to consider the position and how valuable it is. I've gone Machado and Cabrera because it takes two of the most offensively challenged positions (SS and 3B) and Harvey for similar reasons. It makes much more sense to take a 3B or SS who can put up similar numbers to any 1B you might take, given the second tier of 1B are significantly better offensively than the second tier of 3B or SS. I only took Harvey narrowly over Sale, you want two starting pitchers at least in a group of five.

Miguel Cabrera is not a 3B.

Probably around the same time your act started getting old?[/quote

Lol

What about your act?

On the serious side ... Miggys accomplishments as a hitter far out weigh Trout's. Although, Trout can change all that in the near future. He has the potential to be a 40HR & 125+ RBI guy.

To answer your question Troll Daddy, it was early last season when he started being even more patient and started hitting double after double. When he started driving in a ton of runs with very little production around him. If Trout was On the Tigers he would have won the last two MVPs, not Cabrera, even though Cabrera's numbers would be even better. Your Trout indifference is an act or it's ignorance, either way it's at best very silly at worst it's clinical insanity.

To answer your question Troll Daddy, it was early last season when he started being even more patient and started hitting double after double. When he started driving in a ton of runs with very little production around him. If Trout was On the Tigers he would have won the last two MVPs, not Cabrera, even though Cabrera's numbers would be even better. Your Trout indifference is an act or it's ignorance, either way it's at best very silly at worst it's clinical insanity.

Would of , could of, should of ... really? 

btw what part of "He has the potential to be a 40HR & 125+ RBI guy" didn't you understand? ignorance really?