• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

32 Years ago today

gurn67

yeah, reggie is a pretty arrogant guy. i met him once, and he was a clown. he's also not very tall. i think i could've taken him.

remember how fans would throw quarters to him in right field after he hit a homer? that was . . . bizarre. whoever mowed right field after the game must have been pretty pissed about mowing over all those coins.

I know I've told the story before, but my dad took me to my first Angels game that year.  I had a friend go with me and we were hanging out by the players' parking lot.  We saw Reggie pull up and get out of his car, and started walking towards him to get his autograph.  We he saw us coming he went back to his car and got some stuff out of the trunk, and then said to us "sorry, can't sign autographs, hands are full" and kept on walking.  

That soured me and my friend on Reggie.

Of all the Angel games I attended during his stay here, I saw Reggie hit exactly one home run, but it was a good one. 1983, against Toronto. He came off the bench in the 8th inning (he was sick with the flu) and hit a 3-run homer to straightaway center field to tie the score 3-3. In the 7th, Doug DeCinces had broken up Luis Leal's no-hitter with a double.

Good game. Angels won it 5-3. DeCinces hit a 2-run homer later in the 8th to put us ahead for good.

Edited by fan_since79

I saw him hit two HRs by the 3rd inning against the Skanks in a one-sided win in 1982.

That was beautiful.

Sadly, the game I attended in September 1984 against KC was not the one where he hit HR #500.

It was one of the other two games in that home series where he did it.

Edited by Angel Oracle

remember how fans would throw quarters to him in right field after he hit a homer? that was . . . bizarre. whoever mowed right field after the game must have been pretty pissed about mowing over all those coins.

If I remember right, there was no need for the groundskeeper to be pissed because Reggie picked the quarters up and put them in hi pocket.

I know I've told the story before, but my dad took me to my first Angels game that year.  I had a friend go with me and we were hanging out by the players' parking lot.  We saw Reggie pull up and get out of his car, and started walking towards him to get his autograph.  We he saw us coming he went back to his car and got some stuff out of the trunk, and then said to us "sorry, can't sign autographs, hands are full" and kept on walking.  

That soured me and my friend on Reggie.

Back when the players had to walk past the fans to get to the players' parking lot, Reggie was always the worst.

I became an Angels fan that day.  Growing up in Connecticut 45 min. away from Yankees stadium I was a Yankee fan up until that day(Reggie my childhood hero).  I was 12 then and him being traded made me change teams.  Now 32 years later, thank God he got traded and saved me from being a Yankee fan!!!   On another note I work in New York and all the Yankee fans were not very happy about spending $175 million on Tanaka.