• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hilarious!

Chuck

I was excited that we signed Pujols big time.  It was awesome to see the franchise go big on a player with a big time history.  The move wasn't just about getting your ROI from on field production.  Said player has to perform at a certain level in order to maintain that mystique that puts butts in the seats.  The warm and fuzzies were stolen away from us pretty quickly.  Way before it was expected, and it was expected.  Some of that can come back, but a good portion of that is now out of Alberts' hands as much of those good feelings are now tied to the team's performance ie, whether they make the playoffs.  So if Albert does well and the team makes the post season, everything will be hunky dory again.  But if he does well and they don't, people will be unlikely to support him as much. 

I liked Blanton until I learned the dollar amount. I assumed it was a 1/2M type of deal but when I learned it was 15M I was absolutely against it.

And I don't think Richards is going to be a good starter. It's way too early for you to go tooting your own horn about that.

But then again, your profile pic is Garrett Richards so I guess it's too late.

I despised the Wells trade

I hated the Blanton signing

I loved getting Pujols while noting the contract would suck...but was still excited they got him

I was fine with the Hamilton signing, though wished they spent it on pitching instead. Didn't hate it though

Loved the WIlson signing

Hated the GMJ contract

Loved the Torii signing

Loved the Kazmir trade - yuck

Loved the Haren trade, though said losing Skaggs would suck. I passed Corbin off as some #4-5 starter and didn't care about losing him. Woops

Blamed Rob Picciolo for last season's failure. So glad they fired him it was all his fault

Edited by bloodbrother

Loved the signing, but was scared about the length of the contract.

On comparing Pujols to Big Poopy, was Big Poopy as banged up in his age 32-33 years as Pujols was?

I am worried that Pujols will never be anything nears the same ever again.

Knee and foot? What's next? The other knee and other foot?

Yes. Baseball evaluators and Red Sox fan friends I know we're writing him off as done after his we '08 season and especially his 2009 campaign.

I think he's been just fine from 2010-2013

So you mean 5 years from now, if he's struggling at 38/43 years old, he'll be a stand-up honest guy and give up $70 million?

He must give great TV interviews.

I can't think of one single MLB player that voided a contract, other than that one Japanese infielder that was homesick. I would love it if someone would enlighten me.

It's against human nature.

I can't think of one single MLB player that voided a contract, other than that one Japanese infielder that was homesick. I would love it if someone would enlighten me.

It's against human nature.

Other than Gil Meche, I can't think of anyone. Pujols tarnished his legacy with the Card fans over money/ego (not that there's anything wrong with that). Even if he can't play in the last year of his contract, I'd be shocked if he retired/gave back any money.

I'm so glad that I missed those years on the Angel forum no telling what I would of said... And while I usually agree with chuckyyy I doubt George Washington would walk away from a average of 25 million a year deal.

But a little birdie told me he would though. :)

Loved the signing, but was scared about the length of the contract.

On comparing Pujols to Big Poopy, was Big Poopy as banged up in his age 32-33 years as Pujols was?

I am worried that Pujols will never be anything nears the same ever again.

Knee and foot? What's next? The other knee and other foot?

Yes that's my concern too. He's a 1B/DH so its not like they're asking him to do too much anyway. I haven't seen him dive over a railing for a foul ball. He gets hurt doing things that Mike Trout does in his sleep.

If Pujols wasn't working with the Angels for a decade after the contract expired, I wouldn't expect him to walk away from money.

But I imagine it would be incredibly awkward for everybody involved if Pujols was clearly done yet kept playing the last few years. Just my opinion, but I get the vibe that Pujols will retire when he knows he's done.

If Pujols wasn't working with the Angels for a decade after the contract expired, I wouldn't expect him to walk away from money.

But I imagine it would be incredibly awkward for everybody involved if Pujols was clearly done yet kept playing the last few years. Just my opinion, but I get the vibe that Pujols will retire when he knows he's done.

Not without a buyout deal. He's not going to just walk out the door and let $28M - $30M per year be forgiven. He probably feels that he's already earned it because of what he's already accomplished in his career. Albert is a 1st ballot hall of famer and he's not ashamed to get paid for his legacy.

Obviously, it's probably ignorant for me to speak from an outsiders perspective but does he REALLY need that extra money?

It gets to a point where you're making so much money as it is. If Pujols thinks it will ruin his reputation and it drags down a lot of his numbers, I think there's a chance he retires early.

Edited by Angels_Baseball