• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Obama Repeals ObamaCare

"Checks and balances", "Separation of Powers", the Constitution??

Who cares?! He does whatever he wants and nobody stops him.

Makes you wonder why the Republicans aren't more vocal about voicing opposition to this practice. 

I think it's because if a Republican was in the White House right now, he would be doing the same thing with other domestic and foreign issues.

To what gain would the Republicans realize if they tried to stop Obama from torching his own party? As is the ACA is the single largest platform the Repulicans have in the next election so every screw up, every concession, apology and revision only solidifies their position that the Democratic party led by the President is the sole cause for the problems we face today.

They are just going to sit back, crack open a beer and watch Nero's concerto in F major.

So what happens next?  It's a foregone conclusion that Obama won't get the necessary enrollment to sustain the program. 

The House of Representatives won't be doing him any favors, and the next election is less than a year away with 21 Democrat seats up for grabs in the Senate.  The current numbers in the Senate are 53-45-2.  How will the 21 Democrat seats be distributed? I'm thinking 12-13 seats could be lost which would give Republicans a majority, but not enough to override a veto by Obama. 

I would think any Democrat seeking election would have to commit to repealing or substantially modifying Obamacare except in the bluest of states.  That doesn't mean they will follow through, but for the sake of discussion assume it does.  That would provide possibly 16-18(?) additional votes against Obama, just a few short of the magic two-thirds majority to override Obama.  Hasn't it been true historically that veto overrides take significant numbers of votes from the minority party because few people have the courage to stand alone?  Moral of the story, I'm wondering what the odds are for dismantling Obamacare before Obama leaves office? 

Probably between none and zero. I don't recall any government agency or program that was canned after being put into action for 6 months. It really should go away but there is a huge investment here in not just money but people being placed into executive positions and these guys would rather sail a ship that capsized at launch than dry dock it and start over when they figure out what they did wrong.

It is not private industry, a failed startup never stops being a failed idea when it is backed by the government.