• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Bands you like that most people mock you for?

nate

someone else admitted to liking Hanson, so at least I'll never be the gayest of the gay.

That was me and that is my answer to the thread.  They are a talented friggin' band.

BTW, the new Hanson album that came out this year is excellent.

Edited by Jim B

death metal, katie? that's a little surprising.

pretty odd has several good songs but it's my least favorite in their catalog. I've been meaning to revisit the album to see if there was anything I missed.

yeah, not death metal at all. THIS is Death Metal

...and for any of you who want to learn a little more about Metal:

http://mapofmetal.com/#/home

pretty odd has several good songs but it's my least favorite in their catalog. I've been meaning to revisit the album to see if there was anything I missed.

Pretty Odd is the album that got me into Panic.  I loved the retro Beatles style of the album.  After that album the band split up.  The two guys that stayed in Panic decided to go more mainstream while the other two decided to start a new band that continued the retro 60's style of music.  That band was The Young Veins and they put out an excellent retro 60's rock album.

the one thing it had common with death metal is the screaming and for some reason that the only thing I remember from listening to those tracks several years ago. I skipped through most of them because I didn't like it. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers, apologies to Nate and Teemu.

I knew about them leaving the band, Jim... but I didn't know that they had their own thing going. I'll have to check it out sometime.

their last album has some Metallica influence so I can see why someone might think that but all their other work sounds a lot different.

Hail to the King isn't their best album but it's not too bad either.

IMO Hail to the King has a much heavier Iron Maiden influence as opposed to Metallica. As for their older stuff, it's definitely a metalcore sound.

the first panic at the disco album was a panty dropper. I learned to like the album on a snowboarding trip in utah where we had nothing but five albums. I got my heart beating faster, faster.

on a side note, I'll never forget being at one of the biggest house parties I've ever been to and every scene kid in there was singing along when someone put this album on. it was hilarious and impressive at the same time.

I always thought ax7 was a standard post hardcore/ metal core band with good guitar players, but for OC bros.

Edited by Brandon

That is why I am glad I am reclusive.  I have no idea what people who listen to X band are like, except from 10 years ago when all the OC scene kids were listening to crap like glassjaw and the stryder.

I am just not a fan of the emo/pop/mall punk genre for the most part.  I think most of it is listenable rarely when it comes on the radio or something.  I do like Green Day, Offspring, and No Doubt.  I guess they are just bands I grew up with.

I like them for the same reason I like Metallica, Megadeth, Hendrix, Iron Maiden, etc.  I listened to them my entire teenage years.

They are mall punk but NFG and Ataris are good, again probably because I went to so many of their small shows, you just grow fond of those bands.  Same with the Vandals.  Vandals are great because they are fun, nothing emo or lame in the lyrics.

I do my best.  Doesn't come close to the posts in that Mumford thread.

Superfan that you are. I think it was Sully who said he didn't love Mumford and Sons and brought up another band he liked better that you never heard of, which seemed to set you off a bit. You've brought it up on more than one occasion, but you had to defend the band's honor.