• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Golden Bears Football

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

I think Washington could make the playoff. They're pretty good.

It looks like we might have a shot at a bowl, which is surprising.

Also, the defensive coaches said that it was easy to defend WSU and put pressure on due to the limited number of looks they saw from WSU in their game planning. That was the best Cal defensive performance I've seen in a long time, but it may be that WSU needs to change things up p.

If UCLA played WSU they would score 90 and UCLA defensive coaches would blame it on "unscouted looks"

38 minutes ago, nando714 said:

They made it last year with pretty much the same schedule and 1 loss

That doesn't mean those teams are as good as they were last year. Look at Stanford.  Plus, they don't play sc and we saw how good wazzu is last night. 

Also, there were only 4 other teams last year that were undefeated or had one loss, and one was Western Michigan.  Washington barely made it over a 2-loss Penn State team. 

Edited by Lou

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Impressive but he loses points for not sticking the landing.

Yep. He almost stuck it, though.

He's actually done this before, but in high school.

His mom was a gymnast.

With all this said, it's an incredibly stupid thing to do. I don't really want to see him try it again.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

Want to read something funny? Washington's non-conference opponents since 2015:

Rutgers x 2 

Montana

Fresno St

Idaho

Portland St 

Utah St

Sacramento St

Boise St  (good team. They lost)

This is why their bitching about what time ESPN puts them on TV is moot.

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:25 PM, RallyMo said:

...and they're actually awesome.

I always like the circled C helmets from the 1970s.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Cal 37, top 10 Wazzu 3.   Most shocking PAC-12 score in a while?   

I hate the SEC, but it's starting to look like Alabumble vs Georgia for all the marbles? 

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 12:10 PM, Blarg said:

My best friend went to Vet school at UC Davis and never once mentioned the football program. He did explain how to check a cow for pregnancy which, I guess, was the better conversational topic.

Nice Big West basketball facility though, can seat about 7,000 to 8,000 when upper section is used.

21 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

I always like the circled C helmets from the 1970s.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Cal 37, top 10 Wazzu 3.   Most shocking PAC-12 score in a while?   

Those throwbacks are so sweet.

As to the game, it was quite a different outcome than expected. I don't think I saw a single Cal fan on the board I post on predict a victory, and there are some sunshine pumpers on there. 

I really think it was all about exploiting an issue in WSU's system. Falk had his lunch handed to him all night long. I've never seen anything like it. 

It's the coaching. At the very least we have a halfway decent coaching staff. I get the impression that despite the experience that USC seems to have had with him, Wilcox is going to be a good one. The USC stop is the outlier on his resume, not the constant. If he ends up being good, he'll get paid at Cal if he wants to stay.

We're getting eaten alive by injuries...

Best receiver: out for season

Second best receiver: excuse me?

Best RB: No mas, por favor.

Best TE: I'm sorry, what?

Starting OLB: Can we just stop this?

Starting Safety: you can't be serious

Best defensive player, period (MLB): c'mon now

23 hours ago, nando714 said:

Tough loss for the bears. Wilcox has them playing better than anyone would have thought

he hired some really good assistants imo 

Yeah, it was tough, but it was a good showing.

I agree with the decision to go for two for the win at the end of the second OT. It seems that most disagree with the play call on the two point conversion attempt.

Yes, Wilcox hired some GREAT assistants (that play call aside). They really shut Tate down in the second half.

Wilcox was a great choice, it seems. If he performs, he'll get paid.  They just need people to start showing up for games.

Making a bowl would be a great step for the program.