• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California Golden Bears Football

46 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Yeah, it was tough, but it was a good showing.

I agree with the decision to go for two for the win at the end of the second OT. It seems that most disagree with the play call on the two point conversion attempt.

Yes, Wilcox hired some GREAT assistants (that play call aside). They really shut Tate down in the second half.

Wilcox was a great choice, it seems. If he performs, he'll get paid.  They just need people to start showing up for games.

Making a bowl would be a great step for the program.

I read Beau Baldwin is a candidate for the Oregon State job

but then I read Anderson is only on “leave” not fired. So idk what is true 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, nando714 said:

I read Beau Baldwin is a candidate for the Oregon State job

but then I read Anderson is only on “leave” not fired. So idk what is true 

Yeah, Baldwin will probably get an offer at some point. He already has head coaching experience, so that'll happen.

I'd think that DeRuyter will stick around for a bit, but who knows. He's doing a pretty darned good job. He makes good adjustments, for sure.

Having two guys with so much experience is probably very helpful for Wilcox.

Looking at the last play, I think we actually had a good chance with it. Bowers probably could have started to run the ball and either decided to go all the way or it could have pulled a guy off one of his billion targets in the end zone, freeing them up. Also, a slightly better throw would have been completed, and easily. It wasn't a good pass.

Even though no one talks much about them, UofA is 5-2 and their 2 losses were by 3 to Houston and 6 to Utah.

Their offense is a nightmare for opponents (past 5 games = 46 ppg).   Tate is probably causing nightmares for opposing defensive coordinators.   

Would be crazy if the UofA/ASU game in late November was for the PAC-12 South title. 

On the subject of Cal asst. coach DeRuyter, he had some solid success early on as Fresno State's head coach before faltering by his last couple of seasons there.  

37 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

On the subject of Cal asst. coach DeRuyter, he had some solid success early on as Fresno State's head coach before faltering by his last couple of seasons there.  

Yep. I think he'll stay at Cal for a few years.

Baldwin, on the other hand: I'm not so sure.

2 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Even though no one talks much about them, UofA is 5-2 and their 2 losses were by 3 to Houston and 6 to Utah.

Their offense is a nightmare for opponents (past 5 games = 46 ppg).   Tate is probably causing nightmares for opposing defensive coordinators.   

Would be crazy if the UofA/ASU game in late November was for the PAC-12 South title. 

With UofA playing SC and Washington St in the next two games, I expect them to lose.  Should be able to beat the Oregon schools, so by the ASU game their record will be 7-4, bowl eligible, no Pac 12 South title.

Worse part, is that Tate did not start the season as the starting QB.  Dawkins was the man, and he couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat.  Horrible passer.  With Tate in, they could have beaten both Houston and Utah.

Still, I do not see them winning the next two games.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2017 at 3:39 PM, yk9001 said:

On 8/21/2017 at 8:56 PM, RallyMo said:

We'll see. It's not good, that's for sure.

One thing that is intriguing is that mention of ditching Edwards Stadium and building housing. He seems to write it off as being inconsequential even if they do that, but that's a fairly large parcel of land not getting much use on an increasingly crowded campus, and I'm pretty sure it's under control of the AD. To build housing there, it'd have to be transferred out of the AD, and I imagine that will involve a shift of a considerable amount of funds from the general campus to the AD. It's not like the AD would be building a dorm on its dime and then trying to recoup the cost on that. I think such a deal could make a significant impact on the outlook here. Then again, maybe not.

Whatever the case, it is and will continue to be ugly.

GO BEARS!

Looks like I was kinda right. Cal's AD is soon to be un-F'd.

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/11/02/big-relief-cal-to-move-a-portion-of-stadium-debt-off-athletic-departments-books/

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 9:56 AM, Angel Oracle said:

It’s basketball, but WTF happened to Cal basketball?

The cupboard is bare and the new guy is a first time head coach.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:56 AM, Angel Oracle said:

Did Cuonzo Martin take the team with him to Missouri?

Looks like it:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/missouri-tigers-at-utah-runnin-utes/game-center/sp-id-30401000001944222?ocid=INSSPBM10

On 11/19/2017 at 6:53 AM, RallyMo said:

For sure!

Bummer to lose, but it's so impressive how much the defense has improved.

We're a competent QB away from being a pretty decent team.

Impressed what Wilcox has done this season. Especially with all the injuries. Hope he makes it to a bowl in year 1

Baldwin might get a a d1 HC gig already. 

13 hours ago, nate said:

Yes, that UCLA.  They have no defense.

Guess you missed last night's game. 

We're playing an 8-man rotation and Goloman and Wilkes were in foul trouble (both fouled out). Losing two 6'10" players to suspension hurts,too. 

7 hours ago, Lou said:

Guess you missed last night's game. 

We're playing an 8-man rotation and Goloman and Wilkes were in foul trouble (both fouled out). Losing two 6'10" players to suspension hurts,too. 

You must have missed the game a few days ago.  This is not a top 25 team.  Still, they aren't as bad as Kal, that is a real dumpster fire.

On 11/22/2017 at 5:13 PM, nando714 said:

Impressed what Wilcox has done this season. Especially with all the injuries. Hope he makes it to a bowl in year 1

Baldwin might get a a d1 HC gig already. 

I hope so, too. Tonight will be tough.

Our coaching staff could get raided during the off-season.

21 hours ago, nate said:

You must have missed the game a few days ago.  This is not a top 25 team.  Still, they aren't as bad as Kal, that is a real dumpster fire.

How much tryptophan and alcohol did you have coursing through your veins when you made this post?

That's lazy.

F-