• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Why the Astros Can't Draw Crowds

Dave Saltzer

I also didn't realize it was an older video when I posted it in the hangout forum.  Someone linked it on facebook and the website showing the video also had just posted it as if it was recent.  Then I seen the number of views it had on youtube and realized it had happened a while ago.

Never seen it in the news or on any of the sports networks, so I figured it just happened too.

The Houston Astros pulled in a record-low television audience for their series opener against the Angels on Saturday, grabbing a Nielsen rating that suggests only a thousand people tuned in to the game, reports Dave Barron of the Houston Chronicle.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/9/17/4740812/astros-tv-record-houston-csn-angels

that clip was from a D-backs game...........geez. that lady is terrible.

This sort of reminds me of an incident sort of opposite of that shown, about a year ago I caught a foul ball at the Big-A (September game, too, lots of empty seats) and then handed it to the young kid sitting with his parents a few rows in front of us.........kid enjoyed the baseball so that's great......but did the kid or his parents say thank you or even acknowledge that I have their kid a ball?  Not then, not when they got up (before the game was over) and left..........incredible. No big deal.......but people can be incredibly self absorbed......oh well.  It was a nice night at the ballpark.

as for the Astros, perhaps its the 106 or so losses that has the fans staying away and now?

Heck, it's September.....given the choice between watching Texas football practice on TV and a live ballgame, Texans would chose Football every time.