• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks '13-'14 thread

nate

Showed up at the beginning of the 2nd period for this one.  We were outshot badly in the 1st (and I'm assuming outplayed as well).  Like Cory said, happy to see the victory while not playing out best game.  There were a ton of Canucks fans there, glad to see them leave unhappy.  One Nuck said something to the effect of this as we were walking out, "they should be happy we pay for tickets to leave with such a crappy feeling".  I got a kick out of that.  

Oh yeah, Anderson is awesome and Lindholm is the man, I can't believe he is only 19!

Eric Stephens
Way out there but David Steckel clears waivers. Ducks should announce signing soon. Was on AHL deal in Norfolk.

Dan Wood
And yes, #NHLDucks fans, C Ryan Getzlaf is, indeed, on the trip.

Edited by nate

The Steckel deal clears the way for him to come up.  That kind of concerns me.  I was hoping Koivu would be back by now, or maybe Getz' injury is worse than just a day to day thing.

Rakell has done fine, I haven't paid much attention to him on D, that is where Steckel does well.

This Ducks team has been so injured and yet persevered through a tough schedule (in terms of lack of rest and lots of travel) to accumulate a lot of points.

Stinks that Stamkos is out. Tampa plays exciting hockey and were one of the few teams in the East I think can contend in a series with the top teams in the West.

I don't know if this is current.  But was curious.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nhl/odds/futures/

ODDS TO WIN THE 2013-14 STANLEY CUP

Team Odds

Pittsburgh Penguins 5/1

Chicago Blackhawks 6/1

St Louis Blues 8/1

San Jose Sharks 9/1

Colorado Avalanche 10/1

Boston Bruins 10/1

Los Angeles Kings 15/1

Detroit Red Wings 16/1

Anaheim Ducks 16/1

Edited by gotbeer

If I'm the Ducks I try hard to package Hiller with a defenceman to get an upgrade on the blue line or at the very least trade Hiller for whatever type of prospect or pick you can get.

Gibson and Anderson both need playing time. Hiller is a FA after this year. A Sbisa and Hiller package should be able to get something from a team needing a goalie like the Islanders.

Stamkos is the guy I would like to see replace Selanne. Taylor Hall in a goalie led deal would have been nice too.

A guy of that talent level, would be the piece to make the Ducks serious Cup contenders for a few years.

Too bad we'd have to trade like Fowler + Silfverberg + Rakell + Gibson + 3 firsts to get Stamkos. He's arguably the best player in the league. Taylor Hall wouldn't be cheap either, he's Edmonton's best and most important player.