• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

Took me a long time to find it but Im glad AW has this section btw. Not crazy about the Lakers boards out there.

AD is under contract for two more years and they’re saying he could be dealt around midseason if the Pelicans are out it. 

He’s definitely one of those types of players but it depends on how much you want to give up for a year and a half of him or just wait until he hits free agency in two years. 

Lonzo, Ingram and KCP would be nearly equivalent in salary.  Don't know what it would take to get AD or if that would be the start of a reasonable offer.  However, you gotta have something left once you get him.  That would leave us with Lebron, AD, Kuzma, Hart, Rondo starting and Beasley, Stephensen, Svi, Wagner and ?

And, like I said, not sure that would even get us close.  Maybe if we added picks but those picks will be low PLUS you diminish the opportunity in the FA market next summer by $15 million or so (could still get someone for low $20 million per).

3 hours ago, Angelsfirst said:

Took me a long time to find it but Im glad AW has this section btw. Not crazy about the Lakers boards out there.

AD is under contract for two more years and they’re saying he could be dealt around midseason if the Pelicans are out it. 

He’s definitely one of those types of players but it depends on how much you want to give up for a year and a half of him or just wait until he hits free agency in two years. 

they have four years of LBJ, so if they want to win another championship or two, they need to get someone like AD sooner rather than later. i don't think i'd wait two years for him to hit free agency.

20 hours ago, Tank said:

they have four years of LBJ, so if they want to win another championship or two, they need to get someone like AD sooner rather than later. i don't think i'd wait two years for him to hit free agency.

I get that point.   But the required package will likely leave them short-handed in the backcourt.   And they would not have the salary cap room to sign Leonard after this coming season to help solve that.    

Lebron                  $37,436,858

AD                          $27,093,019

Deng                     $  5.000,000

Wagner                $  2,066,040

Kuzma                  $  1,974,800

Hart                       $  1,934,160

Bonga                   $  1,416,852

Svi                         $  1,487,694 (estimate based on 2018-2019 salary)

1st rounder          $  1,762,080 (estimate based on Wagners deal this year)

Mimimum           $  1M

Mimimum           $  1M

This is approx.. $82,000,000.  Cap is projected to be at $109,000,000.  Could potentially sign Kawhi at $27M, maybe bring Rondo back with the exception of around $5M, maybe a couple of ring chasers at the minimums.  I'm highly doubting Kawhi (or Butler, Klay or Kyrie) plan to leave $5M on the table, but one can dream.

Trade for AD/Sign Kawhi plan  **Starters:  Hart – Kawhi –Kuzma – Lebron – A. Davis       Bench Rondo  – Vet – Svi – Vet – Wagner + Bonga/1st                        VS.

No trade/Sign Kawhi plan         **Starters:  Lonzo – Kawhi – Ingram – Lebron – Zubac         Bench:  Rondo – Hart – SVI – Kuzma – Wagner    + Room Exception + 1st rounder

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

We'll have to figure out what to do with Ingram by then.  If we sign a MAX free agent after this season, we won't be able to sign one the next offseason due to Ingram's cap hold.

not going to sign players to max deals every year 

Leonard a year from now, or AD two years from now, is the question.

AD has the athleticism needed in today's NBA post players, to go with the other worldly talent.   He can even shoot a '3' or two per game.

With the perimeter already pretty loaded, I might just as well refrain from signing any big name a year from now, and wait for AD two years from now to be the last piece of the puzzle for hopefully a BIG run at a 2021 NBA title (LBJ's 3rd season here).  

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 12:05 AM, Lou said:

not going to sign players to max deals every year 

I agree, but we do have the money free for the 2019 summer.  We can trade for AD after January 15, 2019 of this season, needing to send out approx. $20+ million to nab him.  Or next summer for that matter.  But, I don't think there is a scenario where we can sign someone like Kawhi next summer, and then trade for AD.  It's Kawhi or AD, I believe, and that was my only point.

I don't disagree with you.  In a vacuum, I'd also rather have AD.  But, when you add in the opportunity cost:

*Sign a free-agent next summer (Kawhi, Durant, etc), keep ALL young players + Lebron

*Trade for AD, keep Lebron, lose KCP (for salary purpose) AND some combination of young talent that probably begins with Ingram and Kuzma/Ball + picks

Cold as ice from 3!!!  7-30 overall and 0-15 at one point.  That was rough.  Nik Stauskas has the game of his life!!  That was rough and unlikely.  Gotta be better on the offensive glass, giving up 14 o-boards.  Didn't guard the 3 well.  Had some turnovers from lack of playing together.  Got a ton of points in the paint.  We were in this game all night despite our 3-pt shooting woes and rebounding.  Tough opening game in a city we historically haven't fared very well.  On to Saturday vs. Houston!

The impact that Lebron had cannot be understated.  Example from my own house:  my wife used to watch and enjoy the Lakers when we first met and married 12-13 years ago.  She knew the players and loved Kobe and Shaq.  The past few years she has completely tuned out and now doesn't know any of the players.  But last night, we were in the middle of some family game night when she said that she wanted to finish the game so we could turn on the Lakers.  My kids exited the room and she called for them to come back in to see the back to back dunks in the first quarter by Lebron.  The Lakers excitement is permeating past the level of hard-core fans like myself thanks to Lebron!