• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fantasy Keeper question

I just joined my first fantasy football keeper league, 12 teams.  Taking over someone else's squad and get to keep 3 current players.  Each player has a draft round value that I will sacrifice to keep said player, but can only keep 1 player with the same round value (i.e. can't keep two players with Round 1 value, only one).

QB     Michael Vick           Round 3

Ryan Fitzpatrick     Round 11

RB     LeSean McCoy       Round 1

Steven Jackson      Round 1

Steven Ridley         Round 5

Justin Forsett         Round 10

Jacquizz Rodgers   Round 13

Roy Helu                 Round 6

WR    Jordy Nelson           Round 2

Marques Colston     Round 4

Michael Crabtree    Round 7

Andrew Hawkins      Round 10

Titus Young             Round 10

TE     Tony Scheffler         Round 10

Brent Celek             Round 12

K        Connor Barth          Round 10

D        Falcons                   Round 14

Giants                     Round 10

I am drafting 5th overall and likely will not be able to find a better 1st round RB than McCoy, since Peterson, Foster, Richardson, Charles, Rice, Martin, Spiller, D. Murray and Forte will be kept.  Anyone who IS released will have to make it beyond 4 owners (2 of which will be desperate for RBs).

Thoughts?  I don't HAVE to keep 3.  Which 3 and why?  To me, McCoy and Ridley seem to be obvious but a third isn't necessarily jumping out at me.

Jacquizz in the 13th is your only decent value for your 3rd keeper. Other than that, Colston in the 4th would be your other option I would say. Not sure whether you want to burn three of your top four picks with your keepers.

I looked at Forsett for a second, then remembered how terrible he was three years ago when I drafted him when he was in Seattle and almost passed out. If MJD went down, they might as well wheel Fred Taylor back out there.

Or if you get points for torn Achilles at charity basketball games, Connor Barth is your boy.

Oregon is right on. Based on where they were drafted there isn't much value with the other players. S. Jax is only a first rounder because of the keepers. Drafting a fantasy team is all about getting value at the draft position. Never reach for someone.

Nelson is still recovering from minor knee surgery and it sounds like he may not be a go week 1. At the expense of a 2nd round pick he isn't someone to keep. Agree with McCoy and Ridley and I'd consider Rodgers given that he would only cost the 13th rd pick. Keep those guys and you are pretty good at RB and focus on best available WR with your first pick or two. Both WR and QB are pretty deep.

Stick, what do you think about Jacquizz Rodgers with a 13th?  At that point I could potentially have 2 QBs, 4 RBs, 4 WRs and 2 TEs.  I get to keep any player I keep for 4 seasons at that draft value.  If Jackson goes down or retires, not sure if he would be the primary guy then.

You presume that Stick can count to 13?

Fail

Cobb had a pretty good year last year and the expectations this year have him a top 10 receiver production wise when it comes to fantasy scoring. He needs to stay healthy though as he always seemed to be injured last year and is already dealing with an injury they say he'd play through if it were the regular season. I think James Jones is the best value amongst packer WR's if you look at where he's ranked going into the season.

I realize that you were all on pins and needles in regards to my keeper draft (which was held last night).  Here are the results:

QB  Andy Dalton         Round 10

Sam Bradford       Round 13

RB  LeSean McCoy   Round 1

Montee Ball          Round 4

Steven Ridley     Round 5

Ben Tate               Round 9

Marcus Lattimore  Round 16

WR  Larry Fitzgerald    Round 3

Antonio Brown      Round 6

Tavon Austin        Round 7

Mike Williams       Round 8

Kenbrell Thompkins   Round 11

Mike Crabtree      Round 15

TE   Jimmy Graham      Round 2

Tyler Eifert            Round 16

K      Steven Houshka   Round 14

D      Cinci. Bengals      Round 12

Notes:  I was caught on the wrong end of the big QB run, which started sooner than I'd expected.  Am now hoping that one of my two will have a breakout.  Tate will be a free agent after the season, so depending on where he signs he might be a nice 7th round keeper as well.  Same thing with Crabtree, if he returns to previous ability, he will have a round 13 keeper value.  I thought I'd take a flyer on Eifert as well.  If he has a breakout, I could consider keeping him for a round 14, since Graham would cost me a first rounder next season.

Love the running backs and you have the best tight end in football. The wideouts are going to be iffy, but those are a couple of guys I think will do well. Is Crabtree coming back this year.

You did the smart thing by waiting on QB's. That's a very deep position this year, but you might have waited too long. Keep your eyes out for a couple guys if those two don't work out. They'll be good, but they won't have too many huge games. Is EJ Manuel available?

In my keeper league I kept Morris and Julio Jones. I was then able to get MJD and Calvin as well with Brady as my QB. I smell a 3peat championship coming up! Keeper leagues are crazy. As for your it looks good but outside of Fitz the WRs are a big ?????.

Sure they could have some upside but you ended up with 2 QB's in the 15-20 range which means you either passed on guys with higher upside or got a QB after other guys started drafting back ups as xboom pointed out.  Outside of Fitz your receivers may not wow but if one of Brown, Austin, Williams or Thompkins steps up then you'll be in a decent position.  Personally I would want one more receiver after Fitz for WR2 but I do like the depth those 4 give you.  I guess the question is what your roster setup is in the league because I would hope Ball steps up and you can sell high on him and/or one of your WR's in a package to upgrade QB at some point.