• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Weaver is not an ace anymore

NrM

All I know is this: When I see Weaver as the starting pitcher on gameday I have a high degree of confidence that he will go out and compete as good as any pitcher in the league and give us a good chance to score a victory. He has never been a dominating velocity guy but what he has been is a very intelligent, crafty pitch artist with the ability to mix up speeds and location combined with pinpoint accuracy.

Kershaw, Harvey, Jose Fernandez (Mia), Strasburg, Wainwright, king Felix, Scherzer, Verlander, Darvish, Cliff Lee, Price > Weaver

Good argument would have Hamels, Feancisco Liriano, Greinke and others > Weaver.

He is not a top 10 SP. he is still a front-line starter.

not strasburg

Weaver's been on the DL --

Hopefully he can bounce back big next year.

I think he can still pitch like an ace.

But this season, Weaver seemed to have troubles from the start of the season -- some of you may have been at that pre-season game he started against Oakland at Phoenix Municipal Stadium -- it was on the day of the ST Fan Fest event -- Weaver got lit up big time by the A's.......I think he gave up 3 or 4 HRs including back to back shots........he was gone by about the third inning and gave up 9 runs or something........it was very uncharacteristic J. Weaver and at one point he seemed to cop an attitude more like his brother, Jeff "Mope" Weaver.  He looked like a guy who got he short straw and had to take the bus from Tempe to make the start on a hot mid-March Saturday in Phoenix.

then the Halos got off to another slow start in April and pretty soon after that, Weaver was on the DL.

TIme to turn the page.........actually it's been page turning time since June.

Weaver sucks!

Bourjos can't hit!

something something Mike Scioscia's lasagna.

The girl smelling Josh Hamilton's hair in the Head and Shoulders commercial is a witch and siphoned his baseball soul.

Assuming new thread topics will continue to devolve as we spiral into the final month of this trainwreck season, I can't wait to see what people come up with next month.

Mathis cERA!!!!!

Strasburg is much better than Weaver at this point.

he hasn't even played a whole season yet. How can you say that? Once Strasbourg goes 20-5 with a sub 3 era then il consider him an ace. Weaver has never had arm problems. Strasburg missed a year in a half. Weavers made 30 starts 3 of the past 4 years strasburg has never had a 30 start season. Weaver has thrown 150+innings 6 times in his career including 3 200+ season strasburg has failed to eclipse 160.

he hasn't even played a whole season yet. How can you say that? Once Strasbourg goes 20-5 with a sub 3 era then il consider him an ace. Weaver has never had arm problems. Strasburg missed a year in a half. Weavers made 30 starts 3 of the past 4 years strasburg has never had a 30 start season. Weaver has thrown 150+innings 6 times in his career including 3 200+ season strasburg has failed to eclipse 160.

Strasburg is putting together a cy young quality year this year. Weaver's skills are in decline. There's no reason to take Weaver over strasburg,

Weaver is at his best when maxing out at 90 and sitting at 87-89.

Which he has done for a majority of this season. He doesn't sit at 86 for more than a game or 2 during a bad stretch. Everyone suffers from fatigue every now and then. This isn't Atari. Your favorite guy isn't going to throw exactly the same every time out.

You're comparing Weaver to the exception not the rule. Maddux was a generational talent the way he controlled, and located the ball. Weaver is a great pitcher, but not close to that level.

Going by the rule, if Felix Hernandez was a Free Agent, what kind of contract would you give him?

• 2 weeks later...

This thread and the OP is a joke.

Weave hits a bump in the rode for a game or 2 and poozy jumps in to get punches in on a "Weaver is not an ace" thread. Absolute BS.

Skip that August 14th fluke, and Jared has allowed 38 earned runs this season in 19 appearances. That's 2 runs per game average.

If that's not an ace, I'm not sure what is.

Way to try to throw water on one of the only fires left on the team poozy, a guy that goes out there and give 110% every time he takes the mound. Truly not sure what kind of fan you think you are.