• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Kendrick could be destined for DL after days off

Good.  I want to see what we have in Green since I feel Kendrick will be traded in the off season.

It is a little bit of a blessing in disguise. At least it happened at a time when the Angels are far away from contention.

I feel terrible for Howie though. He seems like a solid dude and he doesn't appear to make as many foolish decisions on the base paths as most of the other knuckleheads on this team do.

It is a little bit of a blessing in disguise. At least it happened at a time when the Angels are far away from contention.

I feel terrible for Howie though. He seems like a solid dude and he doesn't appear to make as many foolish decisions on the base paths as most of the other knuckleheads on this team do.

This.  Green is another one of those guys like Cowgill and (kind of) Calhoun who had monster minor league numbers but just weren't given legitimate chances at the major league level.  I know his defense sucks but he has bigtime potential and was a former first round pick (picked before Trout) who has just crushed the minors and has even shown a bit of speed.  I love Howie, but it will be nice to see what Green can really do.  

I love that we're giving people a chance lately, we put Shuck and Cowgill out there, who other teams had given up on, and they're thriving.  With us out of the race for all intents and purposes there's really no reason to not take a flyer on a few high ceiling guys.

Only reservation I have about Green is that I'd like to see him at 3b for the rest of the season....I wonder if that's the best spot for him with this team....unless we trade Howie in the offseason (a possibility), the obvious opening is at 3b and I'd like to see what Green can do there....but, at least he's in the lineup....if he hits, maybe he moves to 3b when Howie comes back...but maybe not...playing Cowgill over Calhoun tells me Scioscia isn't on the "play the young guys with the most potential" page, at least not yet...