• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

WHAT do we have to do to get back on top?

I was thinking something like Gregorson and a high prospect or something. Nobody is going to give up a good reliever for JB shuck. 

Relievers are a crap shoot.  You don't trade a quality player like Trumbo for that.  And why couldn't we get a reliever for Schuck? He is a rookie of the year candidate isn't he?  

sorry couldn't help myself...LOL

Relievers are a crap shoot.  You don't trade a quality player like Trumbo for that.  And why couldn't we get a reliever for Schuck? He is a rookie of the year candidate isn't he?  

sorry couldn't help myself...LOL

Lol I don't even know what Shucks contract looks like, isn't he a fa after this year? And Trumbo is just a home run hitter, not much beyond that. If Calhoun can prove to be at least a 270 hitter who can get on base and hit 15-20 home runs I think Trumbo is definitely expendable. The Calhoun/Trout combo at the top of the line up has been great.

Shuck is a rookie, he is under team control for five more years.  He has a high avg but a pretty low OPS.  He is a poor fielding light hitting corner OF, not much value at all.

They need to fire the entire coaching staff.

BP arm x2 including a real closer

#3 and #4 SP

Catcher

We can't waste our most valuable trade chips on relievers. Our two best SP's are 30 and 32, one of which is throwing 85-88 MPH and will continue to have his velocity decline. If we're gonna move the guys listed above, move them for young arms that'll be able to slot into the top of the rotation within 2, 3 or so years.

Trumbo, a 30+ HR hitter, an all star his second season, team leader in RBI's and all you want is two relievers????

I have no problem trading him but we should at least get a major league ready starter or two starting pitching prospects.

Trading Schuck should get us a reliever!

Citing RBIs is a false argument.

The truth about Trumbo's value is somewhere in between. We aren't getting a top prospect for him.

Relievers seem like a crapshoot because random guys out of nowhere might have the occasional good season with a small sample of appearances yet a good pitcher is a good pitcher.

you might catch lightning in a bottle once in awhile, but if you put together a solid collection of arms, you can sustain consistent bullpen production. 

Trying to recycle a bunch of arms from other orgs that didn't pan out may net you a serviceable arm out of every 7 that you try, but it's no way to get consistent production. 

Bullpens are actually the easiest thing to change from year to year.  You can go from bad to good pretty quickly.  Saberists don't like to spend money on bullpens and in my opinion they undervalue the importance of the last nine outs. 

Tell Houston we'll lay down for them every time we play them, if they will let Rodon fall to the Halos.

if we gift a bunch of games to the Astros we'll just be helping the White Sox or Marlins to jump in front of the Astros in the draft pick standings. There's no incentive for the Astros to go along with that.

Dump Scioscia, turning pages, tipping the cap to better teams (nearly every night), the whole "even keel" emotionless approach to baseball

Move Trout to 3rd slot and keep him there even if the Albatross returns.  NEVER EVER hit Hamilton below 6th, he makes Abreu & Wells look good.

Dump/DFA/retire Iannetta; play Conger until he drops

Future famous FA's on career downside:  NO MAS

Rebuild the farm

Hire a manager that will sit Hamilton on his ass until he shows up to play baseball

Pitching...it's bad and not likely to get much better short of trading Trout or the few other kids that anyone will want

Tis a big hole this franchise has dug

Re-sign Vargas, pick up someone cheap like Maholm or Feldman and maybe Hughes so we have some depth at SP. Sign JP Howell, Trade Trumbo for some more relievers, hopefully Frieri and Burnett are healthy/not garbage. If everyones healthy I believe we're just a few decent pitchers away from being contenders.

Not Hughes. We'll regret it.

As an outsider, I think the Angels need to think longer term than next year. They need to divide their players into two groups--those who will be there in 2016 when the Angels are ready to compete again and those who will not for a variety of reasons. They need to trade those who are not projected to be good players by then or whose contracts are expiring. Those trades should be used exclusively to replenish the farm with guys they can get ready for 2016 or 2017.

In the meantime, the Angels should just continue to take their lumps and acquire good draft picks.

It's past total rebuild time for the Angels. If they keep adding overpriced free agents without fixing their farm they will continue to get the same results.

No one has had the guts to tell Moreno that MLB players peak in their late 20's. Most retire before age 30. Power goes the fastest. Speed obviously takes a beating. For pitchers it's a little later, but still most are declining by the time they hit their 30th birthday.

Hmmmm....let me think.  

In all of MLB, these are some of your most important team stats:

Pitching:

29th in ERA

27th in WHIP

25th in BAA

Hitting:

4th in SLG

5th in OBP

6th in AVG

What seems to be the problem here?  REALLY hard to figure out.  A true head-scratcher.  

HINT:  Getting rid of Scioscia to remedy the situation would be about as useful as painting the seats in the stadium a different color.  

Angels are also among the worst in stranding runners on base, grounding into double plays, and running into outs on the basepaths. That means high SLG / OBP / AVG isn't actually translating into runs. A lot of that is due to poor in-game calls from Scioscia. They're also very bad in defense despite having a lot of talented players. I believe that is a result of poorly run spring training regimens, also the part of Scioscia and the coaching staff.

What about Trumbo for Taijuan Walker? Seattle has pitching to give and with our OF logjam, we have offense to give. Trumbo will provide them with power they desperately need and Walker is the exact type of young MLB-ready SP we need. Zduriencik has no problem with dealing within the division, I'm not sure DiPoto would but this trade makes sense for both clubs.