• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

If PEDs were legal...

That's what you had in the early 90s, and baseball nearly died. 

People say they're against PED, but it was 3 of the most juice MLB players ever who saved the game.  

Next people are going to pretend that they want the NFL to be free of PED.  LOL.  Predict how long the NFL would last if that ever happened.  

Baseball nearly died because of the strike in 1994. Not because of the play on the field.

The minimum wage for a minor leaguer is 500K  I tend to think they can afford them.

I am not justifying using them, just playing devil's advocate.

Most misinformed statement in this thread.

First of all, minimum wage for a MAJOR leaguer is just under 500K. For a minor leaguer it is much, much less.

Thereby shooting down LT's assertion that MLB is making serious attempts at cleaning things up, and is not hypocritical in any way.

What a load of crap. It does no such thing. ESPN's coverage as a sports news channel has nothing to do with MLB's sincerity on the issue nor does it indicate a level of hypocrisy. The statement is inane.

Too busy crying about players cheating that you forget that YOU were the one who was watching Bonds in awe, and YOU were the one that is following this A-Rod story closely.

Not all of us. I was rooting against Bonds when he was trying for the single season HR record. I could tell he was on the shit by the size of that melon above his neck. But not everyone thought that way though. I was dating a Berkeley chick at the time so I saw a lot of Gnats games in SF while he was on his run. By talking to the fans at Pac Bell I realized the level of steroid denial in that place was incredible. They didn't want to believe that their boy was juicing. Just because certain people were in awe of Bonds doesn't mean they were receptive of players taking PEDs.

As for Arod I'm watching because what happens to him sets precedence for cheaters in the future. His arrogance astounds me and I hope he never plays another MLB game again after the appeal process concludes.

Ya, it would have been much better for Peralta and Cruz to play in the playoffs while guilty of PED use. That would have been fair.

Some of you really need to think before you type.

You do realize that they're both going to be allowed to play in the playoffs anyways right?

what the Giants chose to do has nothing to do with anything. The point is that they're still going to be eligible to play in the playoffs.

The point is if they weren't suspended during this season each team would have left them on the playoff roster...

Now it's a different story

We aren't just talking about major league players, are we?  You are justifying using them though.  In fact, you think players should use them.  It's really quite amazing.

You obviously do not know what the term devils advocate means!

I have argued that if MLB can't clean up the game than the only fair thing is to legalize them and let the player decide if he wants to use them or not.  

It's really not that complicated. TJ is a medical necessity to repair an injury. PED's are not medically necessary. There is a massive difference between, conditioning, taking vitamin supplements and taking PED's. Comparing them is laughable.  

It is only necessary to have TJ surgery to get you play on the level that would get them back onto the field.  Can't you say for many taking PEDs is necessary to get their play to the level to get them onto the field?

I know this, there is nothing natural about taking a ligament in the knee and putting into your shoulder.