• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Drone strikes inside US?

Any just and legal cause I can think of to kill Americans inside our borders could and should (IMHO) be handled by a living, breathing soldier. Whether it is by ground or air doesn’t make a difference to me.

At the point in which our government feels the need to use military action to kill Americans inside our border, means we have bigger issues. Whom or what is doing the killing will not matter a bunch, really.

Any just and legal cause I can think of to kill Americans inside our borders could and should (IMHO) be handled by a living, breathing soldier. Whether it is by ground or air doesn’t make a difference to me.

At the point in which our government feels the need to use military action to kill Americans inside our border, we have bigger issues. Whom or what is doing the killing will not matter a bunch.

what is your reasoning for wanting lethal action to be carried out by a living breathing soldier as opposed to a drone- which is controlled by a living breathing soldier by the way.

The examples are poor. Drones would have been useless in either case he mentioned. And I really don't care what Holder has to say. I want it from Obama's mouth.

The use of drones or any military action against Americans on American soil should be completely transparent. Any evidence against a potential target should be made public and be held to the standard of beyond reasonable doubt. It should be known in advance that no one has immunity and every person in the loop will have complete accountability for the results and collateral damage is not tolerated..

And for the record, during my time in the military I would have refused to attack Americans unless I was 100% positive that they were a threat.

Any just and legal cause I can think of to kill Americans inside our borders could and should (IMHO) be handled by a living, breathing soldier.  

this is easy to say when you're not the living,breathing soldier. 

The examples are poor. Drones would have been useless in either case he mentioned. And I really don't care what Holder has to say. I want it from Obama's mouth.

The use of drones or any military action against Americans on American soil should be completely transparent. Any evidence against a potential target should be made public and be held to the standard of beyond reasonable doubt. It should be known in advance that no one has immunity and every person in the loop will have complete accountability for the results and collateral damage is not tolerated..

And for the record, during my time in the military I would have refused to attack Americans unless I was 100% positive that they were a threat.

I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly... You want to go out publicly with all the evidence against the target and publicly say that we're ready to take whatever steps necessary to neutralize the target? If that's the case, wouldn't any smart domestic terrorist run directly into a crowd of citizens? I say bring a judge in on it to make a ruling, then take out the target, THEN publicly announce what you did and why.

I don't know if I'm understanding this correctly... You want to go out publicly with all the evidence against the target and publicly say that we're ready to take whatever steps necessary to neutralize the target? If that's the case, wouldn't any smart domestic terrorist run directly into a crowd of citizens? I say bring a judge in on it to make a ruling, then take out the target, THEN publicly announce what you did and why.

And are you saying you want to live in a place where people can be murdered and tried by propaganda after the fact? I don't. Innocent until proven guilty, public trial by jury, right to confront witnesses, these are good things and need to apply all the time. Proactive freedom does not exist.

And are you saying you want to live in a place where people can be murdered and tried by propaganda after the fact? I don't. Innocent until proven guilty, public trial by jury, right to confront witnesses, these are good things and need to apply all the time. Proactive freedom does not exist.

Innocent until proven guilty? Have you not looked at sexual assault cases? The man is ALWAYS guilty until proven innocent. Everybody talks about all these rights that American citizens have and how the Constitution protects them and they're glad for their rights, but are they actually effective? No, they're not. Our Constitution needs to be rewritten to roll with modern times. It's not 1781 anymore, guns shoot more than 1 bullet every 2 minutes and 90% of the population ISN'T a Puritan. America's Constitution (Amend it!) needs to get with the times.

The military is not law enforcment.  The military should not have a role in going after domestic terrorists. 

I also believe state and federal agencies (FBI, ATF, National Guard) should not have drone technology. 

So I'm going to have to go with NO on this. 

Innocent until proven guilty? Have you not looked at sexual assault cases? The man is ALWAYS guilty until proven innocent. Everybody talks about all these rights that American citizens have and how the Constitution protects them and they're glad for their rights, but are they actually effective? No, they're not. Our Constitution needs to be rewritten to roll with modern times. It's not 1781 anymore, guns shoot more than 1 bullet every 2 minutes and 90% of the population ISN'T a Puritan. America's Constitution (Amend it!) needs to get with the times.

time for bed Kody