• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels acquire Luis Guillorme from the Braves for PTBNL/cash - place Rendon on 60-day IL

Posted (edited)

I wonder if this is also an indication that Sano isn't coming back soon? And what will the corresponding 40-man move be? They can still move Rendon or Trout to the 60-day IL.

Edited by jsnpritchett

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Four starting players down and it's only the first month of May. We have brought in 5 AAAA players to cover since Hicks was DFAed. 

This is bullshit. 

I'd much rather see Paris, Adams, Joyce, etc getting time with the major league team than Guillorme, Adrianza, Pillar, Cisnero, etc., even if that means 60 wins instead of 70 or whatever.

I have zero emotional connection/investment in these bottom-feeder mercenaries who likely won't even be with the team in August, and certainly not in '25 and beyond.  That's why I said Pillar hitting 2 HR and driving in 6 runs doesn't excite me. He's a dude we got off the streets a week ago. He's not "an Angel" in my mind. 

This is the type of thing that will eventually make me stop watching even on TV.  And no chance in hell I'm paying to go to the stadium. 

Edited by jsnpritchett

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

Even if it's to their detriment to be at the big league level?

Who says it's to their detriment? Angels need to find out sooner rather than later if guys like that can contribute, so I'm fine with "sooner" being now. 

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

Who says it's to their detriment? Angels need to find out sooner rather than later if guys like that can contribute, so I'm fine with "sooner" being now. 

No one has said it.  However...

Bringing up players before their ready can be to their detriment.  How do YOU know they're ready?

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I get what you're saying about Adams, I mean I'd rather have him than Kevin Pillar....but Paris and Joyce haven't been that great in Double-A. 

1 minute ago, T.G. said:

No one has said it.  However...

Bringing up players before their ready can be to their detriment.  How do YOU know they're ready?

I don't know they're ready. That's the point: seeing if they are. That would seem more valuable (and more entertaining to me as a fan/viewer) than running out a lineup of has-beens and never-weres just to finish out a season. 

1 minute ago, jsnpritchett said:

I don't know they're ready. That's the point: seeing if they are. That would seem more valuable (and more entertaining to me as a fan/viewer) than running out a lineup of has-beens and never-weres just to finish out a season. 

So you don't see any harm in bringing up young players just to see if they're ready?

What's more entertaining to you is irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Chuck said:

I get what you're saying about Adams, I mean I'd rather have him than Kevin Pillar....but Paris and Joyce haven't been that great in Double-A. 

Oh, I know, they've struggled. But personally, I'd rather see them try to work things out up here. It would help give greater insight into whether they can contribute in '25 and beyond. 

Just now, T.G. said:

So you don't see any harm in bringing up young players just to see if they're ready?

What's more entertaining to you is irrelevant.

I'm speaking for myself and what I as a fan do and do not want to see this year. 

And, no, given the state that the franchise is in, I do not see much, if any, harm in bringing up the guys I mentioned to see if they're ready. All three of them were up briefly last year, anyway. Give them more exposure this year.