• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ken Rosenthal Click Bait Trash Article: Mr. Angel? Mike Trout’s chance of ever escaping the franchise now seems even less likely.

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

It’s pathetic.  I love Mike Trout.  He’s my favorite player ever. To act like he’s owed anything is juvenile. He and many other players traded their freedom for dollars. 

And Arte’s #1 lackey jumps in to defend!

13 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Fuck off. It isn’t about being an Arte fan, which I’m not, it’s about stating the obvious. 

If the Angels suck a national writer has the right to make an article about it.  Sorry if you haven’t accepted that the Angels are terrible.  

Don’t read Bowtie’s article if it upsets you.

Just now, cals said:

If the Angels suck a national writer has the right to make an article about it.  Sorry if you haven’t accepted that the Angels are terrible.  

Sure write about how terrible the team is.  This isn’t that.  This isn’t the 60’s where players had no choice in the matter.  He made a decision.  It turned out to be a bad decision if he chose it to win championships. What he did get was $400 million. Guess what? As far as production goes, it wasn’t a great decision for the Angels to give them that money either, as much as it pains me to say that. He’s been hurt AND the Angels have sucked, it isn’t either or, it’s both. They chose each other. 

28 minutes ago, cals said:

It was a tad bit more than an Angels suck article. 

Trout is happy, has said so numerous times. So, it's weird how these media nerds still try and drive a narrative that he is "trapped". 

49 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s pathetic.  I love Mike Trout.  He’s my favorite player ever. To act like he’s owed anything is juvenile. He and many other players traded their freedom for dollars. 

Yep. It's also stupid to imply Trout has no agency or personal choice in the matter.

Trout's stock has diminished because of the injuries but if he were to tell Minasian he wants to be traded there would be plenty of teams willing to pick him up. The only hurdle would be Moreno letting him go. 

It's not as if Trout is killing it in Anaheim but the team around him sucks. He hasn't been good and now he's hurt. Again.

Trout has had a great career. He got the big contract and was the poster boy of MLB for several years. Now he's in the twilight of his career.

If he wanted to win championships he should never have signed the extension with the Angels. Some of us said that at the time.

If Trout wants out of Anaheim I'm sure we would have heard about it by now.

I don't care if the Angels are overpaying Trout. I couldn't give less than a shit about the "production" or lackthereof they're getting out of the contract. This guy is loyal, and seems intent on sticking with his original team until they can become winners. Which hopefully they will someday soon. Because Trout seems to agree that there's a lot more satisfaction in winning in the place that you started than jumping ship to somewhere new where it's expected, but where you have no history. It cheapens the value of winning.

I'd rather them overpay Trout a billion times over than overpay the likes of Pujols, Hamilton, etc.

Let's fucking go Trout 👏

30 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I don't care if the Angels are overpaying Trout. I couldn't give less than a shit about the "production" or lackthereof they're getting out of the contract. This guy is loyal, and seems intent on sticking with his original team until they can become winners. Which hopefully they will someday soon. Because Trout seems to agree that there's a lot more satisfaction in winning in the place that you started than jumping ship to somewhere new where it's expected, but where you have no history. It cheapens the value of winning.

I'd rather them overpay Trout a billion times over than overpay the likes of Pujols, Hamilton, etc.

Let's fucking go Trout 👏

Totally agree. 

2 hours ago, James said:

It was a tad bit more than an Angels suck article. 

Trout is happy, has said so numerous times. So, it's weird how these media nerds still try and drive a narrative that he is "trapped". 

That’s because Trout was a great ball player and is a great dude. They have always hated the fact he was with the Angels since day one. 

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Let's fucking go Trout 👏

Yep but I have serious doubts they will ever have a winning team during Trout’s contract. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

That’s because Trout was a great ball player and is a great dude. They have always hated the fact he was with the Angels since day one. 

National writers don’t hate (team name here). It’s always been about how Trout has never been able to play far into the playoffs against the best teams in MLB in the spotlight of a World Series. Name the sport, and you’ll find HOFers who never were able to win the big prize: Marino, Barkley, Stockton/Malone, Ted Willliams, Junior Griffey, and more. I think we as fans, as well as national media, want to see the best face off against the best. The sports leagues want that too. When teams can’t build winners around generational talent, it’s seen as an organizational failure, fairly or not. At least Ted Williams played in one WS. Trout will likely be the greatest MLB player never to play for a championship.