• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/30/24): Phillies @ Angels: Anderson on the mound, Schanuel leading off

12 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They are also an injury away from having to call up someone who likely isn’t ready to start. 

Example 50 on why Perry is a bad GM.

16 minutes ago, Stradling said:

3 runs in 6 innings (4.50 ERA) is now considered stellar. 

6 IP pitched.  Faced 1 over the minimum in last 4 innings pitched.   Was pulled in the 6th with a 4-2 lead.   That's about as "stellar" as we are going to get this season.  So yes.  Most knowledgeable Angel fans and baseball fans would consider Anderson's outing as stellar.

2 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

6 IP pitched.  Faced 1 over the minimum in last 4 innings pitched.   Was pulled in the 6th with a 4-2 lead.   That's about as "stellar" as we are going to get this season.  So yes.  Most knowledgeable Angel fans and baseball fans would consider Anderson's outing as stellar.

Average isn't stellar, no matter how you try to spin it. 

There's a hundred things to look at here, but I just can't stand Estevez. He's been bad since the All Star Break, but he acts like he's a dominant closer. His quotes are just outlandish. I actually went back and looked at some Rockies ones from blown saves. It's always, "Look, Ok, it happens. Guys get lucky. Tomorrow's a new day. I am full of confidence." 

He has no confidence. I watched this guy end our season on a grand slam last year to a guy that is currently struggling in AAA. Quote? "It's tough, but we got a lot more games." And still, it's always excuses. The Rays blown save? "It's unfortunate we lost on a weak grounder." Giants? "Honestly I feel good. Felt really good." 

Tonight? Castellanos "Cheated fastball...he's really strong...and unfortunately it went out." Rojas, he of the 3 career HR? "It happens...hopefully next time I'll go out with the same mentality." 

The arrogance and ignorance just bugs me. You have an ERA over 7.00. As a closer. Have some pride and acknowledge letting Anderson, Rengifo, and your entire team down. 

6 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

There's a hundred things to look at here, but I just can't stand Estevez. He's been bad since the All Star Break, but he acts like he's a dominant closer. His quotes are just outlandish. I actually went back and looked at some Rockies ones from blown saves. It's always, "Look, Ok, it happens. Guys get lucky. Tomorrow's a new day. I am full of confidence." 

He has no confidence. I watched this guy end our season on a grand slam last year to a guy that is currently struggling in AAA. Quote? "It's tough, but we got a lot more games." And still, it's always excuses. The Rays blown save? "It's unfortunate we lost on a weak grounder." Giants? "Honestly I feel good. Felt really good." 

Tonight? Castellanos "Cheated fastball...he's really strong...and unfortunately it went out." Rojas, he of the 3 career HR? "It happens...hopefully next time I'll go out with the same mentality." 

The arrogance and ignorance just bugs me. You have an ERA over 7.00. As a closer. Have some pride and acknowledge letting Anderson, Rengifo, and your entire team down. 

Totally agree.

And they act like they’re innocent victims of Castellanos cheating fastball… you throw the pitch over 65% of the time.

55 minutes ago, Stradling said:

3 runs in 6 innings (4.50 ERA) is now considered stellar. 

36 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

33 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Average isn't stellar, no matter how you try to spin it. 

It is classified as a Quality Start (QS).

3 minutes ago, Swordsman78 said:

The entire point of the comment was how it must have sucked for Anderson to watch his (QS) get wasted.  

Sorry you missed that bus.

Sorry you're holding pity parties for mediocrity. 

35 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

You did a better job of capturing why he is so aggravating than I did. Walks around like he is a dominant reliever, seems to get that treatment from the press and many fans, and the dude is a guy who might (MIGHT!) be a 7th inning guy on a decent team. Saves totals don't mean a thing when you routinely have zero command of your pitches and don't seem to even recognize when you don't have your best stuff. I wish he'd go on a good run so they can at least get some return for him in trade, but even when he has an effective stretch, he's too wild to be trusted.  

Wow, what a bummer. 😕 

The Phillies were ripe to be had, but came back against the Angels two best veteran relievers. 

A feel good gritty effort falling apart at the end with supposedly their most dependable relievers.  Estevez  can't seem to ever have two good outings on back to back days. But what can Washington do? Moore also didn't have a great inning. And save opportunities don't come along very much any more. 

It could really have been a morale booster. Especially with the Trout news. 

And Tucker's play would have been a nice talking point. Along with Anderson's quality start, Neto's long ball, Moniak's hit  and Rengifo's clutch homer. 

But alas. Defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. 

2 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

You hit the nail on the head. I am fed up with his lackadaisical attitude and flippant excuses. Never in a million years would you have heard such nonsense from the likes of a Lee Smith, Goose Gossage, Troy Percival, or Rollie Fingers. They were pissed off if they gave up one run and still got the save. They made sure the hitters who got a hit off them got some high-and-tight chin music next time around. You never heard such ludicrous and self-serving claptrap coming from them. Estevez is weak willed and apparently of a snowflake persona. He needs to be shipped out with a "Do not return" tag.

3 hours ago, Anthony Tendon said:

I love how Estevez acted all hard when he closed out the game yesterday. You're a million games behind .500, stay humble, you didn't just close out a playoff berth you fat f...

Hypocrite party of one