• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels calling up Zac Kristofak, Cisnero to IL, Herget DFA'ed

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Angels calling up Zac Kristofak
1 minute ago, Stradling said:

What will be the corresponding move?  Soriano sent down for 15 days? Suarez released? Cisneros released? Fulmer? 

In theory, Rendon to the 60-day, though they probably won't do that this early.  If they send down Soriano, they'd still have to make another move to clear space on the 40-man.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I am guessing more than one move is coming.  

Perhaps, though I don’t think the pen is in that bad of a shape coverage wise if they just DFA one of Fulmer/Suarez and add Kristofak.

Estévez, Moore, García, Cimber, Strickland, and Cisnero should all be available.

21 minutes ago, BTH said:

Perhaps, though I don’t think the pen is in that bad of a shape coverage wise if they just DFA one of Fulmer/Suarez and add Kristofak.

Estévez, Moore, García, Cimber, Strickland, and Cisnero should all be available.

Rather than DFA Suarez, I wonder if there might be a market for him, even though it is early for a trade. If you DFA him, you lose a little leverage, although you could certainly get multiple offers during the window to trade him, I guess. But, if you don’t get an offer you like, you’re kind of stuck—-take the best offer or you likely lose him to a waiver claim. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Well it has to be a pitcher since mlb limits how many pitchers they can have on the roster. 

Correct. Though they could be IL'ing someone who pitched last night and DFA'ing a position player or moving someone to the 60-day.

59 minutes ago, DMVol said:

Rather than DFA Suarez, I wonder if there might be a market for him, even though it is early for a trade. If you DFA him, you lose a little leverage, although you could certainly get multiple offers during the window to trade him, I guess. But, if you don’t get an offer you like, you’re kind of stuck—-take the best offer or you likely lose him to a waiver claim. 

I don’t see that. Maybe a team would give a PTBNL to just the line after he’s DFAd, but he looks pretty cooked to me.

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Angels calling up Zac Kristofak, Cisnero to IL, Herget DFA'ed