• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/21/24 10:40am Pacific): Soriano on the mound, Hicks leading off, Adrianza has a locker

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Every team plays every other team, so what do you mean by schedule of death?

the mariners don't play 4 games against the padres or 3 against the dodgers...glad they just lost to the Rockies today we have no Rockies this year !

2 minutes ago, No Roles said:

the mariners don't play 4 games against the padres or 3 against the dodgers...glad they just lost to the Rockies today we have no Rockies this year !

July 30 31 and Aug. 1 Angels vs. Colorado 

6 minutes ago, No Roles said:

The M's have 2 games at home and two in SD against the Padres.

They also play the Dodgers 3 times in August. 

Soriano had a really good outing. But I would have pulled him after Rengifo's error. I just had a feeling that it would be disruptive and it would be better to take him out then while things were all positive. But with this bullpen ... 

Like clockwork, inner diamond defense creates a critical error. Rengifo needs to never play second again. But his bat still is better than most everyone else. Maybe rotate him at third, RF, DH. Stay away from short and second. 

Getting shut out even when their starter is forced to leave in the first? With a Reds team with a lot of backups? 

Drifting into oblivion quickly unless the homestand is a great success. Getting close to the time Perry needs to perform radical surgery. 

3 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Drifting into oblivion quickly unless the homestand is a great success. Getting close to the time Perry needs to perform radical surgery. 

What would that even look like for this team, though? It's not like there are a bunch of young guys just waiting to be called up. AAA is a wasteland (and, no, I don't want to hear anyone talking about Bryce fucking Teodosio....).

I guess you could dip into AA and bring up Ben Joyce (who still can't find the plate to save his life) or do something crazy like bring up Caden Dana--but what would any of that accomplish?  The roster construction of this franchise is awful. 

2 hours ago, T.G. said:

The M's have 2 games at home and two in SD against the Padres.

They also play the Dodgers 3 times in August. 

okay good that makes sense...I just scrolled quickly on ESPN, but I guess I only looked at the 1st half of the season ! All I know is almost every team we play seems to be a "true" playoff contender ! Or simply the teams we play are just better than us...lol ! 

2 hours ago, Duren, Duren said:

Soriano had a really good outing. But I would have pulled him after Rengifo's error. I just had a feeling that it would be disruptive and it would be better to take him out then while things were all positive. But with this bullpen ... 

Like clockwork, inner diamond defense creates a critical error. Rengifo needs to never play second again. But his bat still is better than most everyone else. Maybe rotate him at third, RF, DH. Stay away from short and second. 

Getting shut out even when their starter is forced to leave in the first? With a Reds team with a lot of backups? 

I had the same thought at the time while watching live, but I can at least appreciate Wash is pushing the young pitchers to get out of trouble and deep into games. 

You have forgotten the wild throw Rengifo made from 3rd in the 1st inning on Saturday?

First sign of trouble let him work thru it. When going gets tough the tough get going. Soriano has been a bright spot.

58 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

First sign of trouble let him work thru it. When going gets tough the tough get going. Soriano has been a bright spot.

Good point. But given the fragile state of the team I worried his concentration or confidence would suffer. And as it turned out he couldn't finish the inning. Often a great defensive play pumps up a pitcher. This seemed to have the opposite effect. But overall it was encouraging watching him earn more starts. 

3 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Good point. But given the fragile state of the team I worried his concentration or confidence would suffer. And as it turned out he couldn't finish the inning. Often a great defensive play pumps up a pitcher. This seemed to have the opposite effect. But overall it was encouraging watching him earn more starts. 

Good learning lesson for him. Yes in a season that looks like going in wrong direction he has looked good. When Silseth comes back halos may go back to 6 man rotation to limit inn.

4 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

At this point the Orioles have progressed and are playing like a Tier 1/2 team as oppossed to a Tier 2/3 team a month ago.

The official first run of the crowd sourced Tiers should be out soon.

A month ago…as in the first 3 games of the season? I’ve been told if you turn it off and turn it back on it should fix the majority of computer problems. Maybe it will work with your brain. 

13 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Good learning lesson for him. Yes in a season that looks like going in wrong direction he has looked good. When Silseth comes back halos may go back to 6 man rotation to limit inn.

No. Terrible idea. Need these guys to get used to a regular pitching schedule. 

7 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Adell should have been starting every game in the #5 slot before Rendon hurt his hoo-hah. 

Adell should now be starting every day in the #1 slot.

He might be if he didn't keep committing the baserunning blunders over and over  I would say that he is in Wash's doghouse. Bar the baserunning, he absolutely needs to be in right field full time. His blunders aside, at least he can get on base. Hicks is about as useful as udders on a bull.

5 hours ago, Swordsman78 said:

At this point the Orioles have progressed and are playing like a Tier 1/2 team as oppossed to a Tier 2/3 team a month ago.

The official first run of the crowd sourced Tiers should be out soon.

Bored The Breakfast Club GIF