• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (4/16/24): Angels @ Rays: Soriano on the mound, Sano at 1B, Trout DH'ing

7 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I like it when the calls are correct.

What, you want the umps to decipher if over 50% of a ball moving at 90+ mph went through an imaginary and subjective box? A little ridiculous. 

Just now, samwum said:

What, you want the umps to decipher if over 50% of a ball moving at 90+ mph went through an imaginary and subjective box? A little ridiculous. 

And you apparently just want them to make shit up to move the game along.  Cool.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I really don't think Schanuel for Sano was a good pinch hit. In fact, I think it was kind of stupid. 

hahah yeah, that was ummm, interesting. If anything, I would have expected him as a defensive replacement in the 9th or something.

Just now, jsnpritchett said:

And you apparently just want them to make shit up to move the game along.  Cool.

First of all, the umpiring I'm referencing has been the way its been done since the dawn of time. If a guy is all over the place, he doesn't get the borderline calls. If he's giving the hitter pitches to hit, the hitter has to defend the zone. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than zooming in on your computer to figure out if just 48% of the ball went through the box or 52%.

Just now, samwum said:

First of all, the umpiring I'm referencing has been the way its been done since the dawn of time. If a guy is all over the place, he doesn't get the borderline calls. If he's giving the hitter pitches to hit, the hitter has to defend the zone. Makes a hell of a lot more sense than zooming in on your computer to figure out if just 48% of the ball went through the box or 52%.

No it doesn't. Just have the computer call it.

Just now, samwum said:

Did they use rocks instead of baseballs back then? Maybe tightly wrapped leather? 

1 minute ago, samwum said:

That's not an excuse for making an incorrect call.