• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (3/17/24): Angels @ D-Backs: Sandoval starting

26 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

They lost 8 in a row after winning the first.  Win #2 was on a Friday night, and they won in the bottom of the 12th, not the 10th.

I knew it was win number 2 but I was at that game. I remember Ken Hamlin hitting HR to tie game and winning run was on a wild pitch. Pedro Ramos I think started game for Twins. I can still see ball going over brick wall in LF on Hamlin HR. I think he hit only 5 in his career. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

I knew it was win number 2 but I was at that game. I remember Ken Hamlin hitting HR to tie game and winning run was on a wild pitch. Pedro Ramos I think started game for Twins. I can still see ball going over brick wall in LF on Hamlin HR. I think he hit only 5 in his career. 

Hamlin had 11 career HR, not 5.  Winning run scored on a hit batter, not a wild pitch.

Here's the box score:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/LAA/LAA196104280.shtml

Edited by jsnpritchett

9 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Spring training blah blah blah--but I am now officially worried about both Trout and Rendon heading into the season.  I sincerely hope they can both find their rhythm over the last several games heading into the regular reason.

This is another reason why Angels should not spend money this year. Wait and see how they do. 

12 minutes ago, TroutField said:

The offense has flat out been ass all spring. 

im not feeling super comfortable with any aspect of this team right now. 

If Trout and Rendon are relatively healthy and have solid seasons, the team could have an above average offense.  If they're hurt and/or don't perform particularly well, then you basically have to have all three of O'Hoppe, Neto, and Schanuel be healthy AND improve on their performances from last year in order to have an above average offense. 

1 hour ago, eligrba4ever said:

The green stuff on the Angels looks like they're planning to go to Oakland when the A's leave.

I've had a green Angels hat since 2004. 

When I was a kid in 1975, the Reds wore a green St. Patricks day uni in S.T.. (I've seen Joe Morgan's green 1975 uni in the Reds museum)

When the Angels became red & white in 2002, I always wanted a green Angels hat. 

In 2004, for St. Patricks day, my wife got me one!

25 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

If Trout and Rendon are relatively healthy and have solid seasons, the team could have an above average offense.  If they're hurt and/or don't perform particularly well, then you basically have to have all three of O'Hoppe, Neto, and Schanuel be healthy AND improve on their performances from last year in order to have an above average offense. 

Normally we have the offense cookin in spring training and it at least gives you some optimism. 

I saw we were being 1 hit through 6 innings today 😕I agree with your assessment of the offense and I really don’t wanna see Mike Trout decline but get the vibe he is going to take some time to get rolling 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

The Angels Spring offense is offensive. Is that a good sign for the regular season?

After today, the only teams that have scored fewer runs this spring than the Angels are the Mets and Marlins--and the Mets have played one less game than the Angels.  Five teams have a lower team OPS than the Angels--but two of them are the Braves and the Astros, and I feel pretty confident in saying their offenses will be fine this year.

EDIT: Actually, the Astros might have passed them in team OPS after their respective games today.

Edited by jsnpritchett