• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2024 Los Angeles Angels Spring Training News & Notes thread

3 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

He has a sacrifice fly.  They don't count when calculating batting average, but they do count as a plate appearance when calculating on base percentage.  He doesn't have any walks or hit-by-pitch to boost his OBP, so when you calculate it, his OBP ends up lower than BA because of the sac fly.

Thanks for information I did not know that. 

36 minutes ago, Ochocinco! said:

I’d really like not to stretch out Soriano, he was really solid last year in the pen I’d like another season from him pitching in the 7th-8th innings

And then with Stephenson potentially missing the start of the season, the bullpen starts to thin out.

Then Luis García is the 7th inning guy? Idk about that.

17 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

He has a sacrifice fly.  They don't count when calculating batting average, but they do count as a plate appearance when calculating on base percentage.  He doesn't have any walks or hit-by-pitch to boost his OBP, so when you calculate it, his OBP ends up lower than BA because of the sac fly.

That makes sense.  Thanks for that.  I always assumed a sac fly didnt count as an atbat or a plate appearance. 

10 hours ago, Chuck said:

If this is true who makes those decisions. Does it come from Perry? Did they come up with this idea because halos not spending on starters? I like the idea to develop starters from inside your organization. 

14 hours ago, BTH said:

And then with Stephenson potentially missing the start of the season, the bullpen starts to thin out.

Then Luis García is the 7th inning guy? Idk about that.

Suarez and Bachman being out/behind have started eating into our SP depth though too. Soriano can always transition back to pen if it doesn't work out. 

Since Suarez was sort of seen as our likely bullpen longman, it might make sense to stretch Soriano out for that role if he's behind. 

On 3/1/2024 at 9:34 AM, jsnpritchett said:

I was joking.

That said, the Angels aren't signing Bauer.  I don't know why people keep suggesting it.

I didnt say they are signing them.  I was saying they should sign them.  He is an "another option".  

Edited by stormngt

“Seeing that I needed to make a change, that’s when I decided to just go to Florida and start my workouts,” Sanó said Saturday through an interpreter. “I also ended up going to the Dominican and made some intense physical changes.”

Sanó said he has lost 58 pounds since last year, through strict lifestyle changes. He regularly does cardio exercises and switched to a diet that includes a lot more greens, paired with portion control."

“He looks good. We’ll see what we have. I understand wanting shiny toys and fancy signings and all those things,” Angels general manager Perry Minasian said. “But to be a good team, you need stories. You need some guys that emerge that maybe aren’t talked about a ton. He’s somebody that we really liked going into the offseason, and he proved that he’s healthy. He’s somebody we felt we should take a shot on.”

"Sanó has spent many mornings this week in the same place: on the half-field outside the minor-league clubhouse, working one-on-one with Angels manager Ron Washington.

The Angels skipper is known as an infield coaching expert, a legend at that particular craft. And he has taken a direct interest in Sanó. Hitting fungoes to him. “Glove side,” he barks out before whacking it exactly where he said. “Bare-hand side,” he yells before doing the same.

“There’s two types of defensive players,” Washington said. “There’s those that can play defense and those that know how to play defense. In Angels camp 2024, they’re learning how to play defense, they’re not just playing defense. He just plays defense. Now he’s getting ready to learn how to play defense. There’s a big difference.”