• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Athletic's 8-minute survey for Angel fans: RESULTS

There is so much nuance to all of those questions or a lot of the questions except maybe the one about Arte selling.  

Do I want Arte to sell, yes.

Am I happy with the direction of the club?  If I said yes, and left it at that, people would call me a homer, but if I was given a forum to actually answer like I have here people would understand it better even if they disagree.  I am happy with the direction of the coaching.  I am happy with the direction of the drafting.  I am happy with the fact we have O’Hoppe, Neto, Detmers, Schanuel, Joyce.  Others are wired to be miserable in spite of those things.  I am not wired like that, that doesn’t make me a homer. 

I think we will win more games than last year.  Do I think we have a better team, no, but last years talent wasn’t a 73 win team even if that is what happened.  For me it is easy to see this being around .500 team.  Should I be happy with that as a fan, no, but if they finish around .500 it says a lot about the young core and their development. I will focus on that as a fan rather than let my hobby make me bitch and moan.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

There is so much nuisance to all of those questions or a lot of the questions except maybe the one about Arte selling.  

Am I happy with the direction of the club?  If I said yes, and left it at that, people would call me a homer, but if I was given a forum to actually answer like I have here people would understand it better even if they disagree.  I am happy with the direction of the coaching.  I am happy with the direction of the drafting.  I am happy with the fact we have O’Hoppe, Neto, Detmers, Schanuel, Joyce.  Others are wired to be miserable in spite of those things.  I am not wired like that, that doesn’t make me a homer. 

I think we will win more games than last year.  Do I think we have a better team, no, but last years talent wasn’t a 73 win team even if that is what happened.  For me it is easy to see this being around .500 team.  Should I be happy with that as a fan, no, but if they finish around .500 it says a lot about the young core and their development. I will focus on that as a fan rather than let my hobby make me bitch and moan.

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

What you don't want to recognize is your POV is that small sample size instead of the majority. 

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

I'm with you there!

I'm somewhat optimistic about the direction... not necessarily happy. There are positive signs, but I reserve judgement until we see the final product and how the season plays out. 

3 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I'm with you there!

I'm somewhat optimistic about the direction... not necessarily happy. There are positive signs, but I reserve judgement until we see the final product and how the season plays out. 

Sorry bud that isn’t allowed because uh that’s a small sample size POV and stuff. 

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

There is so much nuisance to all of those questions or a lot of the questions except maybe the one about Arte selling.  

Good opinion. Fair. 

9 hours ago, Stradling said:

@StradlingI’m on board with this point of view.  In my opinion, this is a majority opinion of most “true” Angels fans.  The funny thing about fan forums (like I need to tell you about fan forums) is that when a person takes a contrarian view, even if it’s slight, you make yourself a target.

Truth is the Angels lost their argumentatively best player in the off season, and as fans, we want them to make the playoffs as a minimum.  Truth is, it probably won’t happen but who knows?  If the Angels make a 10 game improvement like you stated, that is a step in the right direction.  I can live with that in a post-Ohtani world.  Most have written this team off.

My point is, like you stated, improving isn’t always huge steps, but if this team can show it’s going in the right direction this season, as our young players develop, maybe we can get this ship going the right direction.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

What you said was nuisance, but I gave you a pass on that.

Shit. My bad. What’s funny is when I replied to you (what you just quoted) in my head it was different than the first use of the word. I’m and idoit. 

On 2/13/2024 at 9:16 PM, PattyD22 said:

@StradlingI’m on board with this point of view.  In my opinion, this is a majority opinion of most “true” Angels fans.  The funny thing about fan forums (like I need to tell you about fan forums) is that when a person takes a contrarian view, even if it’s slight, you make yourself a target.

Truth is the Angels lost their argumentatively best player in the off season, and as fans, we want them to make the playoffs as a minimum.  Truth is, it probably won’t happen but who knows?  If the Angels make a 10 game improvement like you stated, that is a step in the right direction.  I can live with that in a post-Ohtani world.  Most have written this team off.

My point is, like you stated, improving isn’t always huge steps, but if this team can show it’s going in the right direction this season, as our young players develop, maybe we can get this ship going the right direction.

I'm far happier with this than them spending big on questionable free agents just to give the illusion of contending.