• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels sign Matt Moore to one-year $9 million contract - DFA Cabbage

5 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

We got just enough left for a Bellinger contract drawn up by Arte.

If we’re only going to sign one, I’d probably prefer Snell…my first preference would be to sign maybe 3 mid-range guys and pass on Snell and Bellinger both. 

1 minute ago, DMVol said:

If we’re only going to sign one, I’d probably prefer Snell…my first preference would be to sign maybe 3 mid-range guys and pass on Snell and Bellinger both. 

Agreed. Arte's buy high approach doesn't have a good track record. 

1 hour ago, Angels 1961 said:

Clevenger 2 years 24 mill  Tim Anderson 1 year 7 mill Justin Turner 1 year 12 mill

I would approve of those deals. But Anderson is getting closer to Clevinger money with an opt out. 

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

I would approve of those deals. But Anderson is getting closer to Clevinger money with an opt out. 

I don't like those deals and do not think Anderson gets anywhere close to 24 M guaranteed. 

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok. 

Question, Would you rather have longer term contracts at lower dollar values or higher dollar value short term contracts?

7 hours ago, Angels 1961 said:

Clevenger 2 years 24 mill  Tim Anderson 1 year 7 mill Justin Turner 1 year 12 mill

I don't know that I'd give Clev 2 years. His K's have kind of tanked since 2019, although he's a solid pitcher. That essentially means you're paying $25 million this year and next for Tyler Anderson and Clevinger. I'd definitely sign him for 1 year. Next year's SP group is pretty strong, and you can easily trade Anderson with 1 year left on his deal. 

I've waffled on Anderson. Part of me would rather have Drury/Rengifo at 2nd. Anderson hit the ball on the ground way more last year, and his fly balls went way down. I do think there's an easy angle adjustment there--I think that's an adjustment Ward made, although I could be wrong. 

I am a big Turner guy. He's just a pro hitter, and can platoon with Schanuel a bit and cover 3rd if absolutely necessary. He can also be your DH 75% of the time. I think one thing that's gotten misunderstood is "leaving the DH open". A guy like Turner leaves it open because he can play in the field. JDM/Soler will occupy that spot almost all the time. 

If you make these three moves, what do you do with Suarez, Drury, Rengifo, and Adell? I don't think you can keep all 4 of them if you sign these 3. 

• mmc changed the title to Angels sign Matt Moore to one-year $9 million contract - DFA Cabbage
On 1/26/2024 at 2:28 PM, ThisismineScios said:

I don't know that I'd give Clev 2 years. His K's have kind of tanked since 2019, although he's a solid pitcher. That essentially means you're paying $25 million this year and next for Tyler Anderson and Clevinger. I'd definitely sign him for 1 year. Next year's SP group is pretty strong, and you can easily trade Anderson with 1 year left on his deal. 

I've waffled on Anderson. Part of me would rather have Drury/Rengifo at 2nd. Anderson hit the ball on the ground way more last year, and his fly balls went way down. I do think there's an easy angle adjustment there--I think that's an adjustment Ward made, although I could be wrong. 

I am a big Turner guy. He's just a pro hitter, and can platoon with Schanuel a bit and cover 3rd if absolutely necessary. He can also be your DH 75% of the time. I think one thing that's gotten misunderstood is "leaving the DH open". A guy like Turner leaves it open because he can play in the field. JDM/Soler will occupy that spot almost all the time. 

If you make these three moves, what do you do with Suarez, Drury, Rengifo, and Adell? I don't think you can keep all 4 of them if you sign these 3. 

I don’t think that we need Anderson at all.  MOTO bat, yes.  Bellinger.  SP, yes.  I’d like a RHSP, but I don’t think a Burnes trade is going to happen.  Maybe Ward & Sandoval for Burnes?

11 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

$9 M for Moore? 

That's a lot of lettuce. 

Hopefully we get to see the Moore Estevez meme in the GD threads this season.

Only one season though, so a bit of an overpay isn’t bad.   Plus he’s been good the past 2 seasons.

On 1/26/2024 at 4:28 PM, ThisismineScios said:

For me Anderson gives halo depth and insurance at SS. Rengifo is the super sub playing all INF plus some OF. I'm not counting on Rendon at all,  if he plays great. I also have Votto as a backup plan and think options for Turner are getting smaller. Teams like Angels and Giants are in good position to add players.

I am surprised that Clevenger hasn’t signed anywhere yet.

Has built his innings pitched to 114 in 2022 and 131 in 2023, after missing 2021.

WHIP has been solid both seasons, including solid control.

HRs allowed went down to 16 in 2023, after allowing 20 in 2022.

One concern is the lower Ks counts.