• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Anthony Rendon Interview

Just now, Taylor said:

I wonder how often Rendon thinks about the Roman Empire. Probably several times per day.

In before T.G. responds:

"I hadn't considered it this way. Thanks for your insightful contribution to the discussion."

13 minutes ago, T.G. said:

Maybe you should check yourself and not make this personal.

Oh oh...the mechanism has been greased and set into motion.

Do what u gotta do brother!

26 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

This one is for the body language types...

Look how little he seems to care.  No reaction at all, meanwhile the fans are losing their shit.

All I want is for this dude to stay upright, I don't give a rats ass if he looks like he cares.  

Lot of people are pushing this stupid narrative. If he was performing well or if the team was winning, people would be like, "That's just Rendon being Rendon." But since it isn't, they want to use it to blame everything on. Even the Angelswin podcast was doing this. Love Victor, but sometimes he says really stupid shit. I saw Geoff pushing this baloney on Twitter today too. It's really shallow and makes them look like dumb. Clearly the offseason has been slow because this shit is all anyone is talking about on here, on Reddit, on Twitter, and it's a non story. 

11 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

Lot of people are pushing this stupid narrative. If he was performing well or if the team was winning, people would be like, "That's just Rendon being Rendon." But since it isn't, they want to use it to blame everything on. Even the Angelswin podcast was doing this. Love Victor, but sometimes he says really stupid shit. I saw Geoff pushing this baloney on Twitter today too. It's really shallow and makes them look like dumb. Clearly the offseason has been slow because this shit is all anyone is talking about on here, on Reddit, on Twitter, and it's a non story. 

I love Victor, think he’s the best we’ve had in the booth in the last 45 years. But things like this are exactly why he can’t be a GM.  That isn’t a bad thing, he’s just a fan first which is why I loved him in the booth.  He called it like he saw it.  That isn’t the personality of any successful GM. 

11 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

I actually get the frustration. I think some of the crap people are saying is stupid, but fans are gonna fan. 

I just want the dude to be healthy for once.  Him and Trout both.

30 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I actually get the frustration. I think some of the crap people are saying is stupid, but fans are gonna fan. 

Yep. 

59 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I get the frustration too.  The "hate" is funny to me.

When Rendon was on the Nationals, a reporter asked him if he was going to watch the All-Star game (he didn't make the team that year) and he responded by saying, "Baseball is boring."  That statement has been blown out of context and "Rendon hates baseball" became the narrative.

I read something last year about he had been talking to his teammates about how to approach each month in the drive to make the post-season.  That didn't sound like someone who didn't care. 

15 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I get the frustration too.  The "hate" is funny to me.

When Rendon was on the Nationals, a reporter asked him if he was going to watch the All-Star game (he didn't make the team that year) and he responded by saying, "Baseball is boring."  That statement has been blown out of context and "Rendon hates baseball" became the narrative.

I read something last year about he had been talking to his teammates about how to approach each month in the drive to make the post-season.  That didn't sound like someone who didn't care. 

That quote from that ASG does seem to be the genesis of the "he hates baseball" stuff.  Once he got the big contract it was only a matter of time before people started obsessing over his body language, it's the nature of the beast.  

Dude just needs to stay on the field.  

As I said in a earlier post there is absolutely nothing Tony 2 bandaides can say at this point he just needs to go out there and do it to shut up all the speculations about what he cares about. I sure doubt he really cares what we all think of his desire or work ethics. But I do know as was said before fans will fan if he rakes all will be forgiven or forgoten if he dont we will complain its what we as fans do best.

13 hours ago, Pancake Bear said:

@Pancake Bear I've been a big backer of Rendon in the past and hopeful that he can stay upright just like @Inside Pitch noted. I am also hopeful going into THIS season again that he can just stay on the field because if he does he'll be productive IMO. His body language and the way he carries himself doesn't bother me one bit...see GA, nor does what he said on that interview because he was referencing being away from his family during the long 162 game season. 

All of that said, Rendon deserves all of the criticism he's getting right now because he hasn't done a damn thing for the Angels and along the way hasn't shown an ounce being contrite or taken responsibility for his lack of productivity and ability to stay on the field.

As far as Victor, Geoff and I on our podcast, we're going to call it like we see it in real-time. I think all three of us have long leashes on guys and tend to be more optimistic than others. All of that said, that's not going to stop us from calling out guys who can't contribute. Whether that's in one game, one week, or in Rendon's case for the majority of his four-year career thus far with the Angels.