• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

It’s time we consider signing Trevor Bauer

Hufflepuff

Should the Angels sign Trevor Bauer?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Sign Trevor Bauer? Yes or no

• Yes
    • No

Would love this move but PM the type of GM to take a chance on him from a PR standpoint. He preaches the “makeup” of the players in the clubhouse and formulating a solid group of guys.  Plus, he is on his last year and he has to think if other teams would respect that decision if he didn't come back to the Halos… Just don't see it happening unfortunate even though Bauer would definitely improve our rotation and seems to have matured a ton.

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

Any new news on the Trevor Bauer front? (sorry but I had to bump this thread because I know it irritates some of you that we're still talking about this).

He is still the victim of sexual assault and this place is still full of victim blamers.

16 hours ago, cals said:

He is still the victim of sexual assault and this place is still full of victim blamers.

As painful, uncomfortable, and counterculture as this comment is:  it’s true...

Signed - A notorious victim blamer…

Make no mistake: Bauer will 100% help this club… but he’s a colossal douche…

Edited by Deek

19 hours ago, Stradling said:

I still think it’s more likely that Bauer is talking about Shōta rather than Plesac. It makes more sense. 

Could also be Clevinger.

But the signs do add up to it being the Angels he was referencing.

Yokohama DeNA BayStars (NPB) are likely to be without two reliable starting pitchers, as Imanaga transferred to the Cubs and Bauer's future is currently unknown. On January 12th, they landed Andre Jackson, who was a DFA from the Pirates. They have already acquired two pitchers, Rowan Wick (31), who was of the Buffalo Bisons and became a free agent, and Anthony Kay (28) from the Las Vegas Aviators. 

The Baystars' stove is still hot.

40 minutes ago, FromJapan said:

Yokohama DeNA BayStars (NPB) are likely to be without two reliable starting pitchers, as Imanaga transferred to the Cubs and Bauer's future is currently unknown. On January 12th, they landed Andre Jackson, who was a DFA from the Pirates. They have already acquired two pitchers, Rowan Wick (31), who was of the Buffalo Bisons and became a free agent, and Anthony Kay (28) from the Las Vegas Aviators. 

The Baystars' stove is still hot.

The halo stove is not

19 minutes ago, Docwaukee said:

while I don't agree with a lot that he does, i would fully understand any owner not wanting to deal with a Bauer signing.  

100%. I thought it was great that Perry at least approached Arte about the possibility of signing him though. 

Also, while he said HELL NO initially, anything can change with Arte. 

I find it interesting that Perry would pitch Arte on Bauer, despite Perry’s knack for caring about a player’s makeup.

So is Perry desperate because he’s in the last year of his deal or is the public perception on Bauer wrong and he doesn’t have bad makeup?

Perry always talks about makeup, then he signs guys like Strickland, Tepera, and Plesac that make me question whether he does. I wouldn’t care if he didn’t constantly say things about a players makeup, but he does.

38 minutes ago, BTH said:

I find it interesting that Perry would pitch Arte on Bauer, despite Perry’s knack for caring about a player’s makeup.

So is Perry desperate because he’s in the last year of his deal or is the public perception on Bauer wrong and he doesn’t have bad makeup?

Perry always talks about makeup, then he signs guys like Strickland, Tepera, and Plesac that make me question whether he does. I wouldn’t care if he didn’t constantly say things about a players makeup, but he does.

It's also true that you might be more concerned with makeup under Live Free or Die Joe Maddon or Phil Nevin than Ron Washington. Nevin seemed to talk really big but almost never back it up. He let the Rendon thing get out of control. Let all of August happen. I'm much less concerned with how tough a manager talks and looks than with the shenanigans that are happening all around him. 

My biggest complaint about Trout for years has been the lack of forward leadership and being vocal. Every manager he's had, maybe Sosh aside, hasn't asked much of him. He's incredible at leading by example, but the team just needs more. The first thing Wash said was he needs Mike to be a leader and Rendon needs to step up also. In Angels World, challenging Mike Trout used to be sacrosanct. Rendon was left to his own devices. Washington set the tone in his first presser. I think Perry may feel better about guys like Plesac, Clevinger, or Bauer because of the group of veterans they have coaching now as opposed to the odd combo of guys we've had the last 3 years.