• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

Guess I missed this but in the article about the Astros it says Snell is seeking a deal like Chapman and Bellinger’s—3 years with 2 opt outs. If that’s the truth, then I will still  be irritated if he signs elsewhere but it’s probably wise. You can’t give up a high pick for essentially a 1-year deal so Snell can re enter the market next year when the Mets, Mariners, and Yankees will likely have a lot of money to spend. We’re not one player away or in position to truly contend. A QO forfeiture, high-value one year deal doesn’t really make sense for us, as much as I want good players to be added 

24 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I am trying to visualize his staff meetings...

Arte: "John what are they saying on AW?"

Carpino: "BTH thinks Perry is throwing a Hail Mary."

Hmmm.

More like the Head of PR letting Carpino know that the fan sentiment online is pure anger and outrage.

Then Carpino may or may not relay that to Arte.

9 minutes ago, T.G. said:

@BTH - at the end of the day, I'm just having fun.

But... this isn't NY or Boston. There's no such thing as "fan pressure" in Anaheim. 

Sure, there’s not fan pressure like in those two cities.

But the temperature of the customers should mean something to the business owner.

11 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Guess I missed this but in the article about the Astros it says Snell is seeking a deal like Chapman and Bellinger’s—3 years with 2 opt outs. If that’s the truth, then I will still  be irritated if he signs elsewhere but it’s probably wise. 

If he ends up signing a deal like that, I’d be interested to know what number it would’ve taken to get him on a long-term deal.

If he was just dead set on 8/$240M or a 3 year deal with an opt out after 1, then they couldn’t do anything.

I’ll be mad if he was willing to do like 5-6 years for $150-$180M and Arte didn’t acquiesce.

5 minutes ago, BTH said:

More like the Head of PR letting Carpino know that the fan sentiment online is pure anger and outrage.

Then Carpino may or may not relay that to Arte.

I think you have a very creative imagination and it's interesting to see these scenarios play out in your head.

As long as ticket sales remain constant, all this "fan outrage" is just noise.

20 minutes ago, ThisismineScios said:

Guess I missed this but in the article about the Astros it says Snell is seeking a deal like Chapman and Bellinger’s—3 years with 2 opt outs. If that’s the truth, then I will still  be irritated if he signs elsewhere but it’s probably wise. You can’t give up a high pick for essentially a 1-year deal so Snell can re enter the market next year when the Mets, Mariners, and Yankees will likely have a lot of money to spend. We’re not one player away or in position to truly contend. A QO forfeiture, high-value one year deal doesn’t really make sense for us, as much as I want good players to be added 

If snell performed good enough to opt out, don't you think we could trade him for more than pick we forfeited? 

6 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I think you have a very creative imagination and it's interesting to see these scenarios play out in your head.

As long as ticket sales remain constant, all this "fan outrage" is just noise.

I think the fan outrage will translate into decreased ticket sales.

But I agree that Arte’s not gonna care until/unless it starts affecting his revenue.

1 hour ago, Erstad Grit said:

If snell performed good enough to opt out, don't you think we could trade him for more than pick we forfeited? 

I think there’s a chance if he’s pitching very well we are hanging around the 3rd WC. Then they wouldn’t trade him. 

2 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

I think there’s a chance if he’s pitching very well we are hanging around the 3rd WC. Then they wouldn’t trade him. 

I'm guessing he'd want some form of NTC. Could be wrong, of course. 

4 hours ago, BTH said:

If he ends up signing a deal like that, I’d be interested to know what number it would’ve taken to get him on a long-term deal.

If he was just dead set on 8/$240M or a 3 year deal with an opt out after 1, then they couldn’t do anything.

I’ll be mad if he was willing to do like 5-6 years for $150-$180M and Arte didn’t acquiesce.

You’re never going to know that. Feelings like this is why you’ll be upset because you want information that you are entitled to. 

San Francisco Giants, Houston Astros Continue to Be Linked to Top Free Agent Starter After Attending Sim Game

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/news/san-francisco-giants-and-houston-astros-continue-to-be-linked-to-top-free-agent-starter-blake-snell

The San Francisco Giants and Houston Astros attended free agent Blake Snell's simulated game in Seattle on Friday as the two teams continue to be linked to him with less than two weeks to go until Opening Day.

-----

So the Angels are no longer in the conversation.

Which is fine because it seems like a bad idea anyway.

10 hours ago, T.G. said:

What exactly does fan pressure look like and how would it make its way to Arte?

Swordsman is going to self-immolate under the big red hats.

27 minutes ago, Jay said:

San Francisco Giants, Houston Astros Continue to Be Linked to Top Free Agent Starter After Attending Sim Game

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastball/news/san-francisco-giants-and-houston-astros-continue-to-be-linked-to-top-free-agent-starter-blake-snell

The San Francisco Giants and Houston Astros attended free agent Blake Snell's simulated game in Seattle on Friday as the two teams continue to be linked to him with less than two weeks to go until Opening Day.

-----

So the Angels are no longer in the conversation.

Which is fine because it seems like a bad idea anyway.

That would tend to make you think that Rosenthal got things right.